Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

International Transaction Fee being charged to my account

Solved!

International Transaction Fee being charged to my account

I am in Australia and have an Australian Spotify Family Account. It was all going great, I was being charged by "SPOTIFY AUSTRALIA PL" each month. Then it went bad in November I was charged by "SPOTIFY" and my bank hit me up for an international transaction fee. Now December I'm being charged by "SPOTIFY STOCKHOLM" and again my bank has hit me up for an international transaction fee.

I'm still in Australia and my settings are all correct. How the **bleep** do I fix this? And how do I get these fees refunded? Everything is correct at my end so why am I being charged by foreign Spotify companies?!?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @running_melissa. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

This definitely doesn't sound good. For this type of issue I'd recommend contacting support. They'd be more than happy to look into your account's billing issues if you contact them directly, and figure out why things are changing so often all of a sudden.

You can contact support via any method below:

If you receive an automated email, simply reply and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

Let me know how this goes and keep on rockin'!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @running_melissa. Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community!

This definitely doesn't sound good. For this type of issue I'd recommend contacting support. They'd be more than happy to look into your account's billing issues if you contact them directly, and figure out why things are changing so often all of a sudden.

You can contact support via any method below:

If you receive an automated email, simply reply and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible.

Let me know how this goes and keep on rockin'!

Thanks! I couldn't find any contact details anywhere either... I've contacted them directly now.

Hello, maybe it's becaus eof the type of exchange currency, australian dollars to american, i'm taking a guess. 

My subscrption is supposed to be S/. 16.90 a month, and i'm constante getting charged 17.36, when contacted spotify thet told me it could be due to an exchange rate in the bank which rthe cards belongs to. When i ask my bank they same the same.

Hope it helps.

Kind regards

Pamela R.

How'd you go with this? I just had this happen to my account and the spotify guy was very unhelpful and basically got a too bad so sad.

It never got resolved. They got me to unsubscribe and resubscribe (which was really tricky with the family all having to set it up again). And the first month it was fine.... EVERY SINGLE month since then it's been charged from overseas.... It's just lame. Their support is pretty useless/completely useless. 

Oh great, the thing is it was working for about 3 years fine and then all of a sudden!

Looks like I might be cancelling my subscription by the sounds of it, or trying to set it up using PayPal and see if I get any fees from that.

Really annoyed about this

Suggested posts