Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Invalid character @ for username??

Solved!

Invalid character @ for username??

I've only ever logged into spotify through facebook, thus i never created a username. I assume that it would be the same as my facebook username (which is my email address) but just recently tried logging in through spotify and it is saying that the @ symbol is and invalid character??  I would really life to be able to login to spotify without fb. Please advise.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @ledbets

If you'd like, you can get in touch with the customer service team directly using the online contact form and they might be able to help you out!

If at any point you get an automated response directing you to the community or help pages, you will need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hello!

If you created your account through Facebook you will need to login through Facebook.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check album availability here

sooo thats it? no way to fix this so i can login through spotify? i am a premium member btw - frankly if the answer is "too bad" thats going to be a potential deal breaker for me..which sucks because i really love spotify - surely there is a work around or a way i can create a spoitfy username so i dont have to login through facebook..

Oh even better, so in order to even post these i had to create a username - but apparently this is still not usable because i am "using facebook credentials to sign in to spotify". So wtf spotify? Why can i not simply use the username i have now and leave fb compeletely out of it? the deal is that i want to deactivate my fb and get the hell out of the facebook black hole. but id rather not lose my access to spotify in doing so. But if you cannot provide me with a solution, then i will just have to break up with both of you..sad story

Marked as solution

Hi @ledbets

If you'd like, you can get in touch with the customer service team directly using the online contact form and they might be able to help you out!

If at any point you get an automated response directing you to the community or help pages, you will need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, you can tweet @SpotifyCares.

Spotify on!
Mikey

Spotify | Twitter

Did you like this post? Please add kudos below!
Did this post solve your issue? Accept it as a solution below!

Unfortunately, Facebook created accounts are forever tied to Facebook. If you want a Spotify login style account, the customer services team can sort that out for you but it will be a totally new account in which they will copy all of your playlists and subscription over to!

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts