Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Invited family member cannot redeem

Solved!

Invited family member cannot redeem

I just upgraded my premium account to 1 additional family member account.

I sent an invite to the other member's email address, opened the link from the email and I'm getting the message "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again.

I've already canceled the invite once and sent it again with the same result.

spot_fam.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I finally got it to work. I don't know if this is an individual fix because I have been working with customer service, or if there was a problem that was fixed for all. Under our Family Plan administrator account, I cancelled my invitation and issued a new one. The code from this new invitation worked. I tried this same method earlier this morning and it didn't work that time, but this time it did, so hopefully it is a fix that will benefit everyone. 

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Had this issue too, my gf tried to accept the invite on her iPhone, logged in with face book and then was presented with a white screen. I then tried it myself:

• Opened an incognito browser window, logged in to her email and clicked accept invite
  • Logged in with her facebook and allowed Spotify to 'post to wall', instead of clicking 'not now'
  • At this point it also go stuck on this window.
  • Closed this window and tried again, was given a warning dialog on Spotify saying the login failed
  • Tried again but this time the incognito tab remembered the FB login details, so I got to skip the FB authorization process (from my second point)

• I believe being able to skip this process the second time is the solution - it instantly brought me to the redeem code page with a big redeem button.

Good luck guys 😄

View solution in original post

47 Replies

hello and welcome @Beard 🙂

have you already tried to redeem it in an other webbrowser? sometimes as simple things like that can help.

please answer if it didn't helped so i will continue my research

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

Hi there,
Welcome at the Spotify Community!

Is the main account subscribed as Premium or as Family plan? All accounts need to be Free, and then they need to be upgraded with the Family plan. Ofcourse if you don't have additional accounts, you may create them and invite them.

Have you already tried to use;

• Another browser
  • The incognito (private) mode of your browser
  • Another device to login with

Please let us know.

EDIT: @Amarro is fast today 😛

I tried to redeem through the email link in Firefox, IE, and Chrome... Same result.

Okay, and the main account, is it an Premium or Family account? (You may check that out here).

The main account was a premium account and I just upgraded to family.

I'm able to see the family plan control panel where I can invite another family member, this lead me to believe the upgrade was complete.

Well if you can see the control panel it should be complete.

The additional account, is that a new one? 

If not, what subscription does it have right now (Free or Premium)?

So well. Do you have already redeemed (i dont know if thats a word :D) the code or what? Is your family plan already active?

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

The additional account was just created today, It is currently listed as 'Spotify Free'

Amarro,

The family plan is active but another account cannot accept my family plan invite.

Okay, in that case I think the best thing you might do is to get in touch with Spotify so they can checkout what's going wrong.

Spotify aims to reply within 24 (up to 48) hours, if you haven't heard anything then please let us know here.

You may get in touch with Spotify via their Twitter page (@SpotifyCares), or by following this link to send an e-mail.
If you send an e-mail, please check your inbox (and spam box) to check for their automatic reply. Once you get it, please reply to it immediatly (even if it's from an no-reply e-mail addres) to make sure an Spotify employee will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi, curious if this was resolved as I'm having the same issue.  I "think" the problem may be that my account (the administrator) still has some prepaid time left on it as a premium account, after which it will roll into a family account (as the administrator).  Seems rather clunky, as the dashboard makes it appear as if I've upgraded to the family plan successfully.  However, my family members cannot accept the invite, receiving the same "oops, something went wrong message".   Please advise if you've discovered a fix.  

I'm seeing the same results as the two of you. Spotify technical support was fairly quick at responding to my initial help request, but they haven't followed-up when I replied that clearing cookies, changing browsers, etc, didn't help anything.  😞

I have the same problem. My account was already a premium account. I upgraded it to Family and invited my wife (who has had a free account for months). I've tried different browsers, incognito and I keep getting the "oops something went wrong" message. 

Having the exact same problem!

No updates yet.

Spotify customer service says they are looking into it and will have it fixed soon.

I've since retried invites and I'm getting the same result.

From reading the help pages, it sounds like any premium time remaining on the admin account should be converted to the correct numbers of days for the new plan before your first bill. Wondering is that conversion not happening and causing issues?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter,

I think you might be correct.  Here's what I received from the helpdesk:

"Currently you are on a Premium subscription that you purchased on 2014-10-20. This subscription will expire on 2014-11-20, at that point your Family plan will kick in. From that point on you and your family members will be able to start enjoying all your tunes at a Premium subscription."

If this is correct, it's a very clunky way to implement the family plan, and might drive some folks off.  By clicking on upgrade, one would assume they are immediately upgraded, vice scheduled for an upgrade at the conclusion of your current plan. 

I replied seeking clarification,however their subsequent response mentioned a potential bug, so at this point, I'm not sure the truth.

Marked as solution

I finally got it to work. I don't know if this is an individual fix because I have been working with customer service, or if there was a problem that was fixed for all. Under our Family Plan administrator account, I cancelled my invitation and issued a new one. The code from this new invitation worked. I tried this same method earlier this morning and it didn't work that time, but this time it did, so hopefully it is a fix that will benefit everyone. 

I tried this several times yesterday with no luck, but it WORKED today. Thanks for the update!

Suggested posts