Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Invited family member cannot redeem

Solved!

Invited family member cannot redeem

I just upgraded my premium account to 1 additional family member account.

I sent an invite to the other member's email address, opened the link from the email and I'm getting the message "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again.

I've already canceled the invite once and sent it again with the same result.

spot_fam.PNG

47 Replies

Mine works as well!

Re-issued invite like I have many times before and now it works!

Marked as solution

Had this issue too, my gf tried to accept the invite on her iPhone, logged in with face book and then was presented with a white screen. I then tried it myself:

• Opened an incognito browser window, logged in to her email and clicked accept invite
  • Logged in with her facebook and allowed Spotify to 'post to wall', instead of clicking 'not now'
  • At this point it also go stuck on this window.
  • Closed this window and tried again, was given a warning dialog on Spotify saying the login failed
  • Tried again but this time the incognito tab remembered the FB login details, so I got to skip the FB authorization process (from my second point)

• I believe being able to skip this process the second time is the solution - it instantly brought me to the redeem code page with a big redeem button.

Good luck guys 😄

Just wanted to quickly add something that, to me at least, was not clear...

THE FAMILY MEMBER YOU INVITE MUST ALREADY HAVE A SPOTIFY FREE ACCOUNT.

I cant even get to a screen that allows me to enter my family code, how do I do that please?

I have upgraded my account to family.. it is the most rediculously complicated procedure getting my family members up and running and spotify were uick to take the extra money but have awful follow up services dealing with the inevitable problems..

I have managed to get one member working ( took 2 hours) and now am struggling with teh others.. cant call anyone BAD spotify !

I couldn't agree more....we're having terrible issues joining our other family members, and Spotify give all the "simple - following the bouncing ball" ideas....but don't seem to actually tackle the real issue and find a resolution.....very very very p$#@ed off.

Hey guys, I have been using the family plan for months now but then today my boyfriend came and said his account is not Premium anymore. So I went and check into my account to see my slots are empty. I tried inviting them again but when they want to redeem the invitation, it said that "sorry! the email is already in use for this plan....", something like that. But when he checked again, the subscription is still FREE? Have already tried different devices and have no problem on billing.

Please help!

Thank you in advance guys.

Well I guess this nonsense is still going on. Tried on several browsers and still nothing. It's ridiculous. And what is even more ridiculous is that you can't contact spotify anymore for technical help it seems.

Maybe I should just cancel my subscription. I'll wait a day or so and then revert the payment.

Same exact issue. "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again."

Fun times.

**bleep**, Spotify?

I just can't be family member.

Make something or I ll go to Apple Music!

I contacted them and they must have toggled something within my account because everything works now. Get in touch with them. https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

I tried all the suggestions and still unable to redeem code from my husband.  This is extremely frustrating!

When i left it alone for 24h and then tried to redeem the code, it worked.
So i think there is some very poor database architecture going on with a
periodical synchronization. Just create a code. Leave it alone for a day
and the try to redeem the code.

Cannot redeem premium code , can you provide step by step solution ?

My husband ended up sending me a separate different code and it worked the same day.

Hi, all my family member unable to connect family pemium because of the zip code verified error....Please help the solve it...

I got the same trouble like kaa_ling, whole family members are suddenly unable to connect family pemium because of the zip code verified error. Even if we resent the invitation, it still failed for verifying. Does anyone know what is wrong??

I massage the SpotifyCares @ twitter, they vey fast to responce and my problem solved.

Hi All,

I have a similar situation but in my instance:

• I am an existing premium member
  • I've unsubscribed Premium (as per the other community threads)
  • I've clicked on the link that's been created by the Family Premium account owner
  • I recieve a prompt of "IT appears this account does not have an associated family plan

How do I join the family premium account that my sister as set up? 

Spotify_20170525-160954.png

Hi, 

I am trying to receive the family plan invite but never got any message. 

I use my facebook as log-in and I gave the family plan owner my facebook account email. Is that the right thing to do because I received nothing..

Suggested posts