Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is anyone from Spotify here able to confirm what is going on with leaked account details?

Is anyone from Spotify here able to confirm what is going on with leaked account details?

My spotify started playing on a a phone I don't own earlier, thought it was strange so logged in and kicked everyone off and changed password.

Got a couple of emails from haveibeenpwned a couple of hours later, looked at the pastebin and there was my account details along with 27 other people.

Has someting happened? I can't seem to get a reply from anyone.

As an aside, why can we  STILL not use 2FA?

2 Replies

Hey, @bennyp101 -

That's not cool! I suggest following the guide here as soon as possible: https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_help/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-accoun...

After contacting Spotify, if you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and the support team will be able to help you out.

Thank you 🙂

Hi @bennyp101,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention here on the forums, and I am sorry to hear about your experience!

In this case I would  recommend that you reach out to Spotify support directly in one of these ways: Facebook or Twitter

Please do let me know how you get on. And if you have any more questions in the meantime please let me know 🙂

Robert_WRock Star 11
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts