Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it allowed to use Spotify at work?

Is it allowed to use Spotify at work?

Hello,

I am curious if it is allowed to use Spotify Premium at work? The license agreement states that Spotify is for personal use only, not for commercial. But does it really count as "commercial" when I listen to Spotify when I'm at work? 

Many thanks in advance

Sorcer

5 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!

Many people listen to Spotify at work, you can use it if it isn't a commercial use.

What do you mean by "commercial use"? Well, I'm just sitting at my work computer and listen to music on Spotify while I am working - does this count as commercial or personal use? 

This is personal use, so don't worry and enjoy your tunes! 🙂

Thanks for your reply, this sounds great. My remaining problem is that I cannot connect to Spotify from work (probably because it is blocked by our proxy), so I asked our IT to have a look at this. They then sent me the link to the license agreement, stating that commercial usage is not allowed and I therefore cannot use it at work. So it would be nice if someone from the official spotify staff could answer to this so I can show them this post 😉

Greetings

Sorcer

You should contact with Spotify Consumer Support filling this contact form, or tweeting to @SpotifyCares.

If you receive an automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible.

Don't forget to check your Spam Box 😉

Suggested posts