Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -.- )

Solved!

Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -.- )

hey there,

i'm a big fan of thee weekly playlist, but - i really don't know why - spotify decided to use a picture of my ex which was a couple of months ago in my facebook album. this maybe petty, but for me it's more than annoying.

is there any chance to change this, or to reset the cache so it doesn't take this picture?

thanks for your help, community!

69 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for adding your comments here. We are aware of the issue and are looking into this.

If you have a Spotify-created account that’s linked to Facebook, could we ask you to disconnect your Facebook from your Spotify account? We would advise leaving your Spotify disconnected from Facebook for at least a week or two. This will revert your Discover Weekly to the default picture.

Once this happens, re-link your Spotify to Facebook and it should change to your current Facebook profile picture within a few days

Spotify, we love you but don't believe this is going to happen : (... I am
willing to try. In the meantime, please work your hardest to see this
THROUGH.

Greg

Been almost a month and they haven't f***ing fixed it . Gonna send them another email.

No Spotify, I can't unlink my account with facebook (and I'm guessing 90%) of others posting about the issue can't either because we made accounts through facebook!!

Spotify community. I can not believe I am about to type these words....
BUT.... MY DISCOVER WEEKLY PHOTO HAS CHANGED!!!!!!!!

Here are the steps I took:

1. Disconnected my Facebook profile from my Spotify account
2. Let about a week or maybe even a little more pass by
3. Reconnected my Facebook profile to my Spotify account

OK OK... now I KNOW that Spotify has suggested we take these steps SEVERAL
TIMES. I have tried this SEVERAL TIMES and SEVERAL TIMES, the "fix" never
happened. I don't know if I'm just inept or if Spotify had a bug that they
didn't know existed..... BUT this worked for me. Try it for yourself and
see if it works.... otherwise, I am not accepting this as a valid solution
until others on this thread report success as well.

IN THE MEANTIME..... Spotify, I effing love you, but please, please,
please, try to make items like this a bigger priority in the future. I just
had to deal with a photo of an exboyfriend but others in the community had
photos of people they were married to for 10 years and then divorced...
photos of loved ones that had died.... etc.

Mine change today too!

But the problem with your solution in my situation is my account was made through facebook. So unlinking the account from facebook was not possible. Customer support told me it would take about 3 months after following the discover weekly playlist (which is about the amount of time that passed). I also changed my facebook profile picture again yesterday.

Good luck everyone on getting your discover weekly pictures changed!

Same thing here - this is annoying.

Mine has changed today! Hallelujah!!!! About time...

Hello,

Can you please include a tutorial on how to remedy this problem for those users who signed up with spotify using their facebook account. Those of use who are still having issues do not have the "disconnect button." Thus, far i have only seen suggestions for those who have stand alone account and secondarily linked a facebook account.

@pkaseska wrote:

Hello,

Can you please include a tutorial on how to remedy this problem for those users who signed up with spotify using their facebook account. Those of use who are still having issues do not have the "disconnect button." Thus, far i have only seen suggestions for those who have stand alone account and secondarily linked a facebook account.

Email Spotify support and have them do it. Then it takes about a month to work.

I can't believe mine finally changed!! I think changing my profile picture again triggered it.

Hi,

My account has been disconnected from FB since November, yet the Discover Weekly still shows an old FB profile pic that I would reall like to get rid of. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi all, i have been wondering if there was a way to do this on mobile, if you dont have facebook. Thanks!

I'm having the same problem. My discover weekly profile picture is an old (non-existent anymore) Facebook profile picture. I also want this picture removed from discover weekly.

It's funny because my regular Spotify profile picture is in fact the same as my current Facebook profile picture.

Also: I created my account with Facebook so I have no option to disconnect my facebook.

It's been months, why can't we just manually change our photo? Seriously, this can't be that hard?! 

Disappointed...

WOW, that's your solution? You mean to tell me your developers aren't capable of adding a button to force the image to refresh? Wow, you people **bleep**ing suck. I can't believe I have to pay for this garbage software. But I guess that's just how it is, right? I'm sure Spotify isn't making enough money to justify fixing this kind of issue.

I deleted my facebook account ages ago and it's still not removing the picture, I tried using another facebook account and it won't connect to it either, tried the desktop app and the mobile app, any suggestions?

did you make the spotify account with facebook or just through spotyfi?

Just spotify and then I linked my facebook account, however I deleted my facebook account after a couple of months and now I can't get rid of the default picture

have you tried to make a New Facebook? and connect it with spotify, wait a week. Remember have only picktures you like on it!

How is this possibly still a problem.  Please fix this or I'm going to Google Music.

It's not a problem for me anymore, I left Spotify for Amazon Music Unlimited.

Marked as solution

Uninstall your Spotify
Go to Facebook>Settings>Account Settings>Apps>Logged in Facebook>Search Spotify>Remove App.

Then install Spotify.
Log-in using Facebook.

Tada! I hope it will work for you.

Suggested posts