Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -.- )

Solved!

Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -.- )

DoriLori
Regular

hey there,

i'm a big fan of thee weekly playlist, but - i really don't know why - spotify decided to use a picture of my ex which was a couple of months ago in my facebook album. this maybe petty, but for me it's more than annoying.

is there any chance to change this, or to reset the cache so it doesn't take this picture?

thanks for your help, community!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Solution!

DoriLori
Regular

SOLUTION

Hello there, it finally worked! Thanks again to the Spotify Support Center, they answered pretty fast and were very friendly!

Mail 1

Thanks for getting in touch. We understand that you want to remove the picture associated with your Discover Weekly removed. Don't worry, we're here to help.

Discover Weekly is a personalized playlist of songs we think you’ll love. It’s as unique as you are! So we also use your unique Facebook profile picture as the cover (if your Spotify account is connected to Facebook).

Don’t worry; your image isn’t used on any other playlist. If you want to hide the Discover Weekly playlist, just right click it and select Make Secret.

If you don’t want your picture used for your Discover Weekly playlist, you can disconnect your Spotify account from Facebook.

Click Spotify (for Mac) or File (for Windows) in the menu bar.
Select Preferences.
Under Social, click DISCONNECT FROM FACEBOOK.
Click Disconnect again to confirm.
Please allow some time for the changes to be reflected on your account.

Note: If you created your account using Facebook, you can’t disconnect it from Facebook.

(It worked for me, but only in the playlist itself, the thumbnail on other pages were still the same. So i asked for further help.)

Mail 2

Hey there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Alright, we have another way of trying to fix this. Please Connect your account to your Facebook profile again and when you do, the playlist should update to your current Profile Photo.

The update would become effective on Monday (tomorrow). Please give it a try and let us know how that goes! We'll be right here to help you out if you need us 🙂

We hope to hear back from you soon. And if you have any questions, you can count on us.

I connected the profile again and after a few days - everything worked!

I hope it'll also help you.

View solution in original post

Solution!

MaryS
Roadie

Hi everyone,

Thanks for adding your comments here. We are aware of the issue and are looking into this.

If you have a Spotify-created account that’s linked to Facebook, could we ask you to disconnect your Facebook from your Spotify account? We would advise leaving your Spotify disconnected from Facebook for at least a week or two. This will revert your Discover Weekly to the default picture.

Once this happens, re-link your Spotify to Facebook and it should change to your current Facebook profile picture within a few days

Solution!

mdonahoo
Casual Listener

Uninstall your Spotify
Go to Facebook>Settings>Account Settings>Apps>Logged in Facebook>Search Spotify>Remove App.

Then install Spotify.
Log-in using Facebook.

Tada! I hope it will work for you.

69 Replies

fanman7
Regular

It's not a problem for me anymore, I left Spotify for Amazon Music Unlimited.

mgaston123

Hi,

My account has been disconnected from FB since November, yet the Discover Weekly still shows an old FB profile pic that I would reall like to get rid of. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

user-removed
Not applicable

i have read alot of comments on this, and i have tried all the solutons that where said. my account was created via facebook, and i have changed my Facebook profile about 4 times and i have waited months on end, why do i have to be constantly reminded of this picture? are there any other new soloutions?

uniquenewyorker
Regular

This is so insane...  but in a effed up way, I'm taking so much comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one dealing with this issue...  and I'm lucky, my breakup is sort of amicable. Some of you are tallking about divorces...  let's continue the fight!

user-removed
Not applicable
I have this same exact issue however I cannot unlink my Facebook. My main picture is my current Facebook one but the discover weekly refuses to change. I'd really prefer to not see my ex constantly. I'd appreciate any help!
Solution!

mdonahoo
Casual Listener

Uninstall your Spotify
Go to Facebook>Settings>Account Settings>Apps>Logged in Facebook>Search Spotify>Remove App.

Then install Spotify.
Log-in using Facebook.

Tada! I hope it will work for you.

paloma009

If you uninstall spotify, will you lose your playlists and saved songs?

DoriLori
Regular

No, your playlists are bound to your account 🙂 you can safely uninstall spotify without losing them.

btw: wrong thread for this question!

lyss666

that did not work.

hustler
Regular

This did not work.  

Go_to_hell_spot

Hello, 

Tried that last solution. Did not work.

I Had a facebook created spotify account.

I have to say "i had", because i had too unsuscribe.

My discover weekly picture was also a picture of my love, who's actually dead since a few years. At the beginning its not an issue, but after 6 years, when you want to rebuilt your life... You don't need such reminders.

I will not thanks spotify's team which seems to don't give a **bleep** about our issues.

Hey you from the spotify team, read some books about business! You will learn that to resist an to be resilient you HAVE to listen to those small problems that seems so little to you.

Is the software still working? For sure better than ever! But you're slowly decreasing and loosing the confidence of your clients.

Are they still clients? Maybe.

Will they change in a second if they find better, cheaper, or friendlier ? Exactly!

Do not evaluate your work with the amount of account active today. Evaluate your work whit the amount of satisfied clients who will be there next month with some friends!

In the internet business, old companies are the ones that have been listenning to their clients wills all along.

Yesterday spotify did not exist yet, tomorrow it will be forgotten.

Please like if you want a last chance to see your problem forwarded to someone capable. Someone who knows a solution since the beginning, and had not been asked yet. Because the are unable to transmit information in a broken communication chain of that fake support service!

Good luck to everyone!

hustler
Regular
Sadly it did not work. Is there anything that can be done? Do I have to cancel my subscription?

uniquenewyorker
Regular

Did you ever get an answer on this? I'm in the exact same boat...  staring at a pic of me and my ex... 

mdr0339
Casual Listener
Sadly, I havent. I've made a new spotify account 😕

MaryS
Roadie

Hey all,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this.

I've got a few suggestions that could help you out:

1. Unfollow your Discover Weekly playlist.
  2. For Spotify standalone account, try disconnecting from Facebook by following the steps outlined here.
  3. Reinstall the app with these steps.
  4. Link your account again to Facebook (for Spotify standalone account only).
  5. Follow again your Discover Weekly playlist by heading to Browse > Discover Weekly.
  6. The new picture should reflect within a few days.

If you continue to have issues, please email our team here. We'll troubleshoot further in the background.

pkaseska

Hello,

Can you please include a tutorial on how to remedy this problem for those users who signed up with spotify using their facebook account. Those of use who are still having issues do not have the "disconnect button." Thus, far i have only seen suggestions for those who have stand alone account and secondarily linked a facebook account.

Knick007
Regular

@pkaseska wrote:

Hello,

Can you please include a tutorial on how to remedy this problem for those users who signed up with spotify using their facebook account. Those of use who are still having issues do not have the "disconnect button." Thus, far i have only seen suggestions for those who have stand alone account and secondarily linked a facebook account.

Email Spotify support and have them do it. Then it takes about a month to work.

I can't believe mine finally changed!! I think changing my profile picture again triggered it.

h0tspurs

Hi, 

I have a FB created account and can't fix my Discovery Picture.  But I found this on your support site:

"Can I change the picture? 

Of course! Since we use your Facebook profile picture, all you need to do is update it on your Facebook page.  

Note: It may take a little time for the changes to be reflected on your Spotify account.

"

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/discover_music/why-is-my-picture-used-discover-weekly/

Does this mean the Discovery Picture should be updating inline with the main account one?  My one isn't - please help fix this!

Scornt

I tried everything often enough but nothing happens. The old picture remains.

DoriLori
Regular

Hey guys and girls, short update: I contacted the spotify help center, and now i'm waiting for the answer. i'll write as soon as i got any answers!

DoriLori
Regular
Sounds good! Thanks for the advice. I'll try it tomorrow!
SUGGESTED POSTS