Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -.- )

Solved!

Re: Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -

Spotify
Spotify

Hey all,

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been experiencing this.

I've got a few suggestions that could help you out:

1. Unfollow your Discover Weekly playlist.
  2. For Spotify standalone account, try disconnecting from Facebook by following the steps outlined here.
  3. Reinstall the app with these steps.
  4. Link your account again to Facebook (for Spotify standalone account only).
  5. Follow again your Discover Weekly playlist by heading to Browse > Discover Weekly.
  6. The new picture should reflect within a few days.

If you continue to have issues, please email our team here. We'll troubleshoot further in the background.

Mary

♫ "Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything." ♫ - Plato

Re: Is it possible to change the picture of the discover weekly playlist? (it's a picture of my ex -

Scornt

I tried everything often enough but nothing happens. The old picture remains.

h0tspurs

Hi, 

I have a FB created account and can't fix my Discovery Picture.  But I found this on your support site:

"Can I change the picture? 

Of course! Since we use your Facebook profile picture, all you need to do is update it on your Facebook page.  

Note: It may take a little time for the changes to be reflected on your Spotify account.

"

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/discover_music/why-is-my-picture-used-discover-weekly/

Does this mean the Discovery Picture should be updating inline with the main account one?  My one isn't - please help fix this!

kdisn

thanks for this because my discover weekly picture was also a pic of my ex and I haha

fanman7
Regular

I just cancelled my Premium subscription. This issue has been around for over a year and either the Spotify Devs are incompetent or Spotify just doesn't care. I too am going through a divorce and am reminded of this every time I use Spotify. Rediculous.

uniquenewyorker
Regular
Agree! This should be a simple fix and instead I'm constantly reminded of
my ex... it's especially great when I'm with guys I'm dating... so sorry
about your divorce.

Lucy_El
Casual Listener

Just found this post because I was looking for the exact same answer for the same reason!! Haha, would prefer not to see his ugly little face everytime I go on Spotify... :P

fanman7
Regular

Partial response from support:

"It can take up to three weeks for your Discover Weekly picture to update. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience this has caused you."

THREE WEEKS?! 

Anyone else having a hard time paying for premium service to a company that takes 3 weeks to change a picture?!?!?!?!

fanman7
Regular

Partial response from support:

"It can take up to three weeks for your Discover Weekly picture to update. We apologize for the delay and inconvenience this has caused you."

3 WEEKS?!?!?!?! 

Anyone else have a problem paying for a service from a company that takes 3 weeks to change a picture?!

fanman7
Regular

So I received an email stating that Spotify would immediately fix this issue on my account. All I had to do was follow the playlist again. Here's the run around so far in an email I just sent back to support:

"So, we are now in, what we in the software development industry, define as an infinite loop.

1. I tell you that I have cancelled the premium subscription because I have an issue with the picture on the Discover Weekly playlist. It is of my ex wife and I. And I have a problem supporting an internet company that takes 3 weeks to change a picture.
  2. You tell me to follow the playlist so that you can fix the problem IMMEDIATELY. --> "We need you to follow Discover Weekly again for us to take down your picture immediately. After you follow Discover Weekly, please give us a heads up."
  3. I follow the playlist and notify you that I am now following the playlist.
  4. You then you respond that you've fixed the issue and would I confirm. --> "We've restored the Discover Weekly playlists on our end. Can you please confirm if the image on your Discover Weekly playlists has changed? "
  5. I check and the issue is not fixed
  6. You then send the first email telling me that I deleted/unfollowed the playlist (I did not) and I should once again follow the playlist so you can check and fix and it will take 3 weeks for the playlist to update. --> ​​"We've checked on your ******* account and can see that you have deleted the Discover Weekly playlist. Please follow it again and get back to us so we could check it backstage. Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. Please allow up to 3 weeks for the picture on the Discover Weekly to be updated."

OMFG !!!!!!! I break the loop and tell you that my premium account is still in cancelled status and will expire in 10 days on 11/24. Let's see how many times this loop will iterate because once 11/24 comes and if I'm still seeing that picture I'm done and will be switching to a different music service that doesn't remind me of the **bleep** that I'm currently going through because the development team can't change a picture in less than 3 weeks.

I'll also note that there is no continuity to who is handling this issue. So far I've gotten emails addressing this issue from Analyn, Christine, Constantine, and one response didn't even have a signature. I can't wait until I get the survey."

SUGGESTED POSTS