Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is it possible to have separate passwords for account and Spotify?

Solved!

Is it possible to have separate passwords for account and Spotify?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Any

Device

Any

Operating System

Any

My Question or Issue

Is it possible to have different passwords for the online account and Spotify music on devices? 

I ask because my account was hacked eariler, twice, (it's been resolved now). The hacker changed the password and other profile details on my accounts page making it impossible to recover my account independently. It would be helpful to have different passwords as an extra layer of authentication...

Also, better encryption and transport schemes as both times my account was hacked it was because I accidentally connected to a public wifi hotspot.

There can also be other sign-in features like one time sign codes generated by a device already logged in for another device on the same wifi network valid as long as the original device remains on the network or up to a certain time after, etc., etc...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Thisisnotanid.

Sorry to hear your account was hacked!

Right now, there isn't a way to have different accounts for the Spotify account and the app. However, I'll gladly pass your feedback about this on to the right team.

Just to confirm, were you able to recover your account and revert any changes?

Keep me posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Thisisnotanid.

Sorry to hear your account was hacked!

Right now, there isn't a way to have different accounts for the Spotify account and the app. However, I'll gladly pass your feedback about this on to the right team.

Just to confirm, were you able to recover your account and revert any changes?

Keep me posted.

Hi @Alfredo,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I was successfully able to recover my account and set a new password. Most of my playlists were restored except the songs library. Minor nuisance, I don't mind; I don't use that playlist anyway 🙂

And now I'm just scared of signing back on to spotify on my windows machine since I think it may be infected with a virus, I'm not sure....

Well, things worked out well so I'm happy. Thanks for checking! 😄

Also, thank you so much for passing on my suggestions to the spotify dev team!

-- thisisnotanid

You're welcome!

It'd be best to clean your desktop of all virus or unwanted programs for general safety, but we're glad to hear the app is working fine now.

Feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up.

Cheers.

Suggested posts