Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is my account compromised? Someone is using my Spotify / Chromecast to create a listening session

Is my account compromised? Someone is using my Spotify / Chromecast to create a listening session

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Denmark 

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area. 

So this is a weird one. Today on my Spotify app I wanted to connect to one of my Google Nest speakers, and it said that someone else was already connect with a listening session (see screenshot - the name "erikovici"). I have absolutely no idea who this is, and I'm dead certain the person has never been on my network.

As a sidenote, my Facebook account was recently hacked and later deleted, and I wonder if this might have any connection.

I just took steps to reset my Spotify password, but I have a feeling this is not due to my Spotify account but rather my network? 

Any ideas here? What do I need to do?

I tried restarting my Google Nest speaker, but it seems the person is still connected. I changed my WiFi password, still the same, I disconnect all other Spotify devices, no change. 

EA8F5C9F-3670-4313-886D-0B9FCC753414.png
1 Reply

Hi @Jacobinho,

Thanks for the post.

When you logged in was audio actually being played back on the speaker or not?

Since your related Facebook account was recently taken over, the third party might have gained access to your Spotify account as well, if it's created via Facebook or they share the same email address.

We'd recommend running through the steps in this article, to insure that you're the only one with access to your account.

Note that If you’ve ever used Spotify on a shared network, you may see other devices in the picker that were connected to that network too. You can have only local devices show by heading to Settings > Devices > Show Local Devices Only (iOS and Android only).

Keep us posted on how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts