Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is spotify a scam?

Is spotify a scam?

I recently signed up for a free preview of spotify which required me to give over my Paypal information. I used the service for a couple of days and never used it again. Now I'm being billed and can't find a customer service number for help. I have to be at the mercy of Scamify to return an email or answer a forum question. After reading a little I see now that I'm not the only person that has been bamboozled.
11 Replies

Hello! We're certainly not a scam, and we're glad to help. It sounds like you didn't cancel your subscription before the 30 day trial ended.

No problem, please get in touch with our team and they'll help you.

Edit: Someone's replied to your email, please take a look at your inbox. All sorted!

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

I think it is a scam. No way to play tunes offline. Look at all the community mail emails. You always give an excuse for why people can't access songs online w/ premium. "reset offline devices"-what the **bleep** does that mean? Public community forum is no way to offer help. 

Hey. We reset offline devices for users if they're having any problems with the devices they use Spotify on. All it means, essentially, is a 'fresh start' so they can resync their offline playlists again.

If you're having some trouble with your offline playlists, please first check these guides:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-offline/
https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/problems-to-offline-sync-a-playlist/

If it continues, send us an email and we'll help out. This is the best way to get individual support: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

Check out how we're doing: @SpotifyStatus

Did this help? Please click 'Accept as Solution'.

First of all, when did Spotify graduate to be a pay service.. Meantime although you have my full login info for FB including my password, you have yet to send me a "device " password for my particular assigned "username" of 2288374612555579632147. The Spotify app refuses to authenticate using FB and will not work on my Android. Your help files merely direct to me to "Uninstall Spotify" then asks if this answers my question.

If I try something because it is free, and later it tries to charge me for something that was barely worth the aggrevation of installing it and fails to authenticate through FB despite having your username and passwords for FB, I'd say it was a scam from the beginning.

I am telling my mommy, you guys are not even out of highschool yet and your trying to bill people for stupid music with an app that pretends to authenticate to FB. Pirates !

Well I've been paying on and off for years.

Hey mate go tell your mummy - and then try googles free service? They will only spy on your usage and give your details to the FBI, CIA and NSA

Google just keeps them to themselves.

@rebelbroco If the facebook login doesn't work on an android device, the issue is normally resolved by installing the current version of the facebook application from Google Play. A device password won't work as it is only used by some third party hardware partner devices.

If you still have problems, please post exactly what you see on the android screen when you hit the "Log in with Facebook" button. And be nice or I'll have to speak to your Mommy 🙂

spotify is absolutely a scam to get your credit information and charge you repeatedly.  Why else would there be no way to contact the company to deal with billing problems?  I'm sure they make millions, at least they will until they are shut down by the feds.

hello, i feel as though i have been scammed. i payed £10 for a spotify giftcard which stated i could either have 1 month premium, 2 months unlimited or 15 spotify downloads. i go on the redeem page on my phone and type in the code and it gives me the one month premium when i wanted the 15 downloads.

im pissed off that a service promised on this giftcard is not provided and request that my one month trial be cancelled and i get my 15 downloads or i get my £10 back.

i hope you guys listen and dont ignore like other big companies because that is just **bleep**ed up

my spotify account is willgrange23

Look where it says 15 tracks ,that was what i wanted but was not given the option and given a service i did not requestLook where it says 15 tracks ,that was what i wanted but was not given the option and given a service i did not request

@Robbie wrote:

Hello! We're certainly not a scam, and we're glad to help. It sounds like you didn't cancel your subscription before the 30 day trial ended.

Edit: Someone's replied to your email, please take a look at your inbox. All sorted!

@Robbie wrote:

@Robbie wrote:

@Robbie wrote:

i would like an email asap detailing what the

@Robbie wrote:

fix for my problem will be

@Robbie wrote:

@Robbie wrote:

You didn't read the fine print and now you're calling the company a scam? Get a grip.

**bleep** you, I'll have you find I am a average 13 yr old lad who doesn't know his way with tech and did what he thought was right but was not provided with what he wanted

@willgrange23

Where did you find those giftcards? Those must be really old school, or do they still print them like that?

Spotify stopped offering unlimited subscriptions (that's how they were called back in the day) and downloads a loooong while ago. That's why you only had the chance to redeem it for a month of Premium.

I don't know how giftcards refunds work, but certaintly you should contact customer support through this link:

https://support.spotify.com/contact-spotify-support/

They won't help you get the downloads, since they are no longer available, but they should help you out with a refund. They take, at the most, 24 hrs to get back to you.

If you get an automated email directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts