Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a way to edit listening history?

Is there a way to edit listening history?

Someone has taken over my account and started listening to their own music on my own Spotify. (I have already logged out out all devices and changed my password.)

In result, my Discover Weekly and Daily Mix suggestions have been compromised. I am not at all a fan of some of these suggested songs because the person who used my account has a completely different music taste.

I'd love to restore my account's listening history to make it catered to my personal taste again. Many thanks!

Spotify Premium

USA

Google Pixel 2, Windows 10, macOS High Sierra

2 Replies

I've just created a community account to report almost this exact problem - execpt, as a light user of Spotify, I have the additional problem that my "heavy rotation" and "jump back in" are also messed up. I don't known how how this guy got access to my account, but now it's filled with Modern French hip-hop when before it was dominated by Classic British Punk & Rock. I assume the fix will be the same, though. I've already removed all devices, reset my password & unlinked Facebook. etc.

Hey @rowiezee and @VijayC,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If your account has been accessed by an unauthorized person, be sure to follow all the steps on this page.

We will be able to revert your account back to a certain date. It might take a few weeks for us to relearn about you and provide you with more fitting music.

If you'd like to see some tips on how to keep your account secure, take a look at this page.

Should work. Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day.

Suggested posts