Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there any way to apply value of a gift card against Spotify services other than a new, individual

Is there any way to apply value of a gift card against Spotify services other than a new, individual

My wife gave me a $30 Spotify gift card. As part of signing up, Spotify's site up-sold us to a Premium Duo account. The card wouldn't work but I figured I'd just use it against my account later, like any gift card. I didn't read the very fine print on the back. I literally couldn't read that fine print without a magnifying glass. Turns out it's not a gift card, it’s specifically for new, individual subscriptions.

Now it can't be redeemed. At https://www.spotify.com/ca-en/redeem/ the information requested (code and postal code) doesn't correspond to the card number + PIN combination on the card, which is typical of gift cards.

I've viewed others' comments in 'Spotify Answers' and it's fairly clear that many users globally have had similar issues, either underusing the card as a student (3 months, not $30), or unable to use the card for anything other than a new individual Spotify subscription.

Have I got it right that my wife gave Spotify $30, that the sign up process convinced us Premium Duo was the way to go, but when we agreed to Premium Duo, to give Spotify $156 a year, we gave up the initial $30 paid for this card?

Is there anyway to get the $30 paid to Spotify applied against the account?

Thanks,

Don

Account type: Premium Duo

Canada (Ontario)

The attached image is the front of the card purchased at a drug store check out, available alongside other brands' gift cards. There’s nothing to suggest that this card can’t be applied against any Premium service, or that its value would be anything other than $30. 

IMG_4301.jpg
1 Reply

Hey there @DCyyz

I hope your keeping well and I'll try and help clear this up. 

As you've mentioned, Spotify gift cards are not redeemable on Duo Plans as these are already highly discounted, you can see more information on the Spotify website here

I have checked this out with the teams behind the scenes, if you drop Spotify Support a contact using this link Option 3 or 4  they'll see how best they can help you out from here. 

Note: Spotify Support is currently in high demand, however someone will be in touch as soon as they can and on behalf of Spotify apologies for any delays you may experience.

All the best,

Suggested posts