Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue After Trying to Switch to Spotify Premium for Students

Issue After Trying to Switch to Spotify Premium for Students

So I am using Spotify for about a year now (I think), but I always paid 9.99€/month despite being a student. So I wanted to switch to the student version because I don't have as much money at the moment and 4.99€/month is too awesome.

I unsubscribed from my account and tried to use the student version, but I got this message after connecting my Unidays account with my Spotify account:

"It appears that you are not eligible for the discounted product that you are trying to purchase. If you'd like you can still upgrade your account to premium at any time."

And thus I'd have to pay 9.99€/month again, obviously. So I thought about simply using a completely new account and tried signing up for the student version of Spotify Premium with the "new account", but then I got this message:

"Your student credentials are already associated with another Spotify account."

Because I obviously had connected my Unidays account with the previous account.

I then contacted the Spotify Support Team in order to have my first account deleted (no answer yet) but in hindsight, that might not solve anything either because I don't know how I can connect my Unidays account with my new account, anyways.

Is there any way to solve this problem?

What I basically want to do is to use Spotify Premium Student with my new account.

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply

I suggest you contact support so they can help you

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it, even if it's from a no-reply address.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

If you still have not gotten a reply:

Did you get a confirmation email from the contact form? It should be similar to "Spotify Support Case #XXXXXXX". If so, reply back to that email and tell them you still need help.

If you got an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it saying you still need help, even if it's from a no-reply address.

If you never got an email, look in your spam folder to see if there is an email in there. Make sure you are checking the email account you used to sign up to Spotify. You can check the email on your account here.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts