Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue signing into Verified Artist account on Spotify desktop

Solved!

Issue signing into Verified Artist account on Spotify desktop

My Question or Issue

Hi,

I'm having an issue with gaining control of my Verified Artist account on the Spotify Desktop App.

When I sign in on artists.spotify.com, I can control my verified artist page.

When I use the same login info for the spotify desktop app, it signs in as a regular account with no control over my artist account. I can view my Artist page the same way I would view any other artist on Spotify, but not control it at all.

Could you advise me what I can do to get control over my Artist page on Spotify desktop?

Screenshots attached where I have logged in with the exact same account on both artists.spotify.com and on the Spotify Desktop App with different results.

Thanks!

Shane

Spotify1.jpg
Spotify2.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

They can do it because they've been verified before the launch of the new Spotify for Artists platform 🙂

You can't do it at the moment, but I'll pass your feedback onto Spotify 🙂

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @ShaneHennessy,

You can only manage your artist page via the Spotify for Artists dashboard as Spotify has stopped merging artist pages with user profiles since the launch of Spotify for Artists. 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for your answer! What I want to do is to be able to add to the playlist in the screenshot "Inspiring Guitar" directly from my artist page instead of as a regular profile...  So for example, when you see "Added by 'Shane'" in the playlist, it links to my empty profile instead of my artist page.... the other artists in the playlist seem to be able to do this, but I cannot. Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks again

Shane

Marked as solution

They can do it because they've been verified before the launch of the new Spotify for Artists platform 🙂

You can't do it at the moment, but I'll pass your feedback onto Spotify 🙂

MaximSpotify Star

Thanks Maxim!

Suggested posts