Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues adding my daughters account to the family subscription

Solved!

Issues adding my daughters account to the family subscription

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Please check if the account's country matches with the one in your daughter's account.

https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Let me know how it goes.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @JanVanHoey,

Please provide some info about the issue. Are you seeing any error messages when you're trying to invite her?

MaximSpotify Star

Hi,

I just wanted to add an account.

first issue: my daughter should be older then 16... No real issue, I will fake she is, which solves the issue but seems strange... Families might have smaller children, loving to use Spotify without "polluting" their parents accounts with the child-preferences...

second issue: Spotify tells me her account is not in the same country as mine... In Dutch:
"We konden je niet toevoegen aan Premium for Family, omdat je account in hetzelfde land moet zijn gevestigd als de eigenaar van het Premium for Family-abonnement.

I got really worried and asked my wife if she was planning to leave me and take our daugther abroad... she told me she had no intention to do so... Can somebody tell me how I can proove that the account is really my daughters account and that she lives in my house?

Thx for any help,

Jan

Marked as solution

Please check if the account's country matches with the one in your daughter's account.

https://www.spotify.com/account/profile/

Let me know how it goes.

MaximSpotify Star

Thx Maxim,

This works, apparently she moved accidentally to the Netherlands 🙂

If you can convince Spotify to accept younger children then 16, that would help me and them too, since they oblige you to fill out incorrect data. I can imagine there are some legal issues, but maybe they only can allow younger children linked to a family subscription? My daughters music preferences polluting my account was one of the main reasons to go for the subscription upgrade...

Thx again,

Jan

Suggested posts