Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issues with spotify login / facebook linkage

Issues with spotify login / facebook linkage

I registered for spotify using my facebook account quite some time ago. When I realized, the desktop application is asking me for my facebook credentials rather than using OAuth or a similar protocol to log me in, I decided not to use it. A couple of weeks ago I checked back to see if anything changed since then and found that now there are "device passwords". Still I'd prefer OAuth method, but "device passwords" are ok too, because now I can log in to spotify without having to provide my facebook password.

However, I'd now like to log in from a different device, but the "send e-mail to set password" button does not seem to have any effect: No matter how often I click it, no matter how long I wait - no e-mail arrives. I checked the spam folder, but nothing. I then discovered, that e-mail registration is also supported by now. I created a new account with e-mail credentials, but I would like to have it connected with facebook for posting my song histories (without giving away my fb password of course)... This appears to be impossible, because my facebook account is already linked to another spotify account.

What can I do? In a nutshell I want to:

1) log in to spotify from different devices without having to give my facebook password to spotify

2) post my song history to facebook (without having to give my facebook password to spotify)

Suggestions?

2 Replies

Hi, I came looking for exactly this issue. I've got an account, still in the free 30 days of premium via my facebook account which i'm trying to hook up to a client. I've clicked the button to get my device password a number of times now and no email. I've tried it on at least 2 computers with different OS and browser to confirm it wasn't the computer's fault.

Hey guys! 🙂

Since both of these sound like account related issues, you will both need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to get those emails out to you manually or delete your extra account so you can merge then together. They should also be able to move your playlists over to your new account for you if you have some which you would like on your new account. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts