Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just moved abroad and use Spotify Free - Now I have to update payment but I don't want to upgrade

Solved!

Just moved abroad and use Spotify Free - Now I have to update payment but I don't want to upgrade

I just moved to Spain from the US and use the free version of Spotify. Now it says the only way I can change my country settings to use Spotify is by updating my payment details, but I don't want to upgrade to Spotify premium, and it seems like that's the only option I'm given. Any way to deal with this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you change the country

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hi! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Enering your payment details doesn't require opening a subscription, just enter the details of your card registered in Spain via your subscription page.

Thank you for choosing the Spotify Community forums, and I hope this answers your question!

~Joe

EDIT - You can also contact Spotify like @MattSuda said 🙂

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

I suggest you contact support so they can take a look at your account and help you change the country

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

If you get an automated reply email telling you to check the help section or the community, you need to reply back to it.

Support usually replies within 24-48 hours.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Also, after the switch, some of the music you listen to may no longer be available due to licensing rights with the artists and their record labels for the country you are now in.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Hi! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Enering your payment details doesn't require opening a subscription, just enter the details of your card registered in Spain via your subscription page.

Thank you for choosing the Spotify Community forums, and I hope this answers your question!

~Joe

EDIT - You can also contact Spotify like @MattSuda said 🙂

JOEBOT, lovingly handmade by MattSuda - I'm not the only sexy rock star, there are plenty of others that are happy to help you out. Just look for the star by their name.
-
I AM NOT AN EMPLOYEE OF SPOTIFY AB. I am just a thirteen year old child trying to help out. I am not paid to help or say any views of Spotify AB or any of it's affiliates, so the least that you could do is share some kudos, or, if I helped you out, mark my post as a solution. It makes me all fuzzy inside

I’m having the same problem! I moved from the U.K. to Spain and my account wouldn’t change the country so I decided to make a Spanish account with my new email address and even though it still days Spain it came up today saying last days upgrade to premium on a green banner!

I wanna keep using Spotify free! I’ve tried playing music but only plays a preview of my songs in my playlist but it plays the full songs on shuffle mode. I would rather they play in order! Can anyone help me?

Hi @Cocopops14

Thanks for reaching out abut this in the Community.

If you're still having issues updating your country settings in your old account, we'd recommend taking a look at this article for more detailed steps on how to do it.  

Regarding your last question, keep in mind that the free service only allows you to play your music in shuffle, so this is the reason why you you're unable to play songs in order. 

If you have any other questions, we'll be right here!

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts