Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Just restart spotify to update not working, wont update.

Solved!

Just restart spotify to update not working, wont update.

This message continues to display.  I click restart and the message is still there.  I can x the message but I want the latest update.  My billboard app is not loading.  The rest of the program seems to be working.  How can I make sue I have the latest update?  I checked about Spotify, and it says I need to update.  Please help!

Thanks.

26 Replies

@byfieldbirds wrote:

a clean reinstall - that is far too much hassle for something thats not my fault - I will wait for you guys to fix it properly

Interesting 🙂

i confimt it is ok now, exect that the "new version " is 9.7.16 we seem to be going backwards with the version numbers ???. 

( iwas able to skip the need for a reboot by copying spotify_new.exe and the sig file to sek top & running ftom there.

I also messaged the guy who released cryptoprevent so that he is aware fo the issue. he says whitelist the updater, which I have done on this PC & will need to do on ther other one also.

Glad you got it sorted. In response to version numbers 0.9.7.x is the current stable release. 0.9.8.61 did roll out to some users but has been withdrawn due to some issues.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

thanks - glad you clarified as on the other pc I was seeing 9.6.8.1 & thought I was going dyslexic

so we had a 9.6.8.1. release

followed by   9.8.6.1 release ,  which was then pulled...

did someone put special effort into choosing those numbers 🙂

It may not have been exactly 0.9.8.61, in fact I think it might have been 0.9.8.57 but you catch my drift. 😉

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

if you have a mac use AppCleaner to uninstall... then just go to the main spotify website, login, and download the client again.. You should have no more problems!

I get it to work once after installing and after I'm finished and close the program it crashes. Then I have to uninstall and reinstall it and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...ya know for a company to trying to sell a product ya might wanna make sure the **bleep**en thing is semi-bug free.

Suggested posts