Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keep getting message - spotify premium is required but I pay for this every month!?

Solved!

Keep getting message - spotify premium is required but I pay for this every month!?

Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@jpmcg wrote:

Hi, I'm getting the same message although I've got an andoid device. I've tried two seperate devices with the same result. I've also logged off and reinstalled. Very frustrating.

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Is your account showing as premium if you log into your online account
If so, I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you up and running!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Working now. Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

10 Replies

i have just started paying for premium and i am getting the same message on my iphone...... i was please with the service during the trial but im now agrivated adn starting to rethink my subscription....

Hey guys 🙂

First thing to check is that your subscription is active on your online overview.

If it is, and your account is still not working on your devices, try logging out of Spotify, restarting your device and then logging back in again. 

If your account says Spotify free, then double check to make sure that you are logging in with the correct details and that your most recent payment hasn't failed. 

Peter

Peter

Well I tried all if that and it did not work I found the iOS troubleshooting guide and did what that's aid and that didn't work either. I uninstalled the app and reinstalled and that didn't work. I cleared the cookies and history and reinstalled and that didn't work.... Still stuck I have also checked with the bank and I can see that the payment has gone thorough...
Priemium works on the of just not the mobile which is why I started the service.

dgilreath - It seems you're currently on the Unlimited version of Spotify. In order to use Spotify on your iOS device, you'd need to upgrade to Premium. You can do this from your Subscription page.

Airhorn Enthusiast

this same thing is happening to me what can I do

lnoonan - Looks like you're on Premium from our end. Try logging out and back in - Still nothing?
Airhorn Enthusiast

My premium account has also been downgraded to spotify free, My last payment was 27 november and yestersay 24 dec it Said i am now spotify free user.
I have Tryed all your troubleshooting guides and i am still spotify free user although payment has been made.
I have been a user for over a year and have never had theese troubles before.

Hi, I'm getting the same message although I've got an andoid device. I've tried two seperate devices with the same result. I've also logged off and reinstalled. Very frustrating.

Marked as solution

@jpmcg wrote:

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂

Is your account showing as premium if you log into your online account
If so, I would suggest you have a read at and try the steps outlined in this post and see if they can get you up and running!

Peter

Peter

Marked as solution

Working now. Thanks 🙂

Suggested posts