Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keeping my Spotify playlists after permanently deleting FB account

Solved!

Keeping my Spotify playlists after permanently deleting FB account

Hey guys, I am intending to delete (not deactivate, but permanently and irreversibly delete) my FB account. However, the tricky thing is I signed up for Spotify with my FB account and I am worried that deleting the latter would mean losing my playlists containing thousands of songs. How can I safely disconnect my Spotify account from my FB one, and how can I be reassured that my songs will be kept intact? Many thanks in advance!

Shawn

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey hey @shawnleong!

Thanks for the question.

If you create a new account it won't be a part of the Family plan upon creation, but the owner of the subscription can send you an new invite that you can use to join the plan from the new account. You'd just need to confirm your address again and you should be all set when it comes to Premium.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you.

Happy weekend!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @shawnleong,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Considering the info here (Disconnect Facebook), if you signed up with Facebook, you can't disconnect it. But you could close your account and sign up with a different method, e.g. your email address.

But no worries, you can keep your playlists and transfer them from the old to the new account. For all the info, take a look at the steps here.

Hope you'll find this useful. Cheers!

Mario Moderator

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your reply. However, I am also part of a family plan. Will I lose my family plan if I create a new account? Thanks in advance. 

Marked as solution

Hey hey @shawnleong!

Thanks for the question.

If you create a new account it won't be a part of the Family plan upon creation, but the owner of the subscription can send you an new invite that you can use to join the plan from the new account. You'd just need to confirm your address again and you should be all set when it comes to Premium.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you.

Happy weekend!

ElenaModerator

Hi Elena, 

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Noted on the query on the family package.

I have created a new account to transfer my playlists over. However, I realized that I am not able to copy and paste all the songs over, and one of my playlists has over 700 songs... For example, when I copy and paste ("command c" the top song and then go all the way down to the bottom to highlight the entire playlist), I can only successfully transfer like 400+ songs over, not the entire playlist. I have tried that multiple times and the number of songs copied over is arbitrary each time (never 100%). Not sure where the issue lies. Kindly advise. Thanks!

Shawn

Hey @shawnleong,

Thanks for the reply.

It's not possible to copy all the songs at once on very large playlists. What you can do is copy them in batches.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts