Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Keeps Randomly Playing Trap & Rap songs.. Have Changed Passwords etc..

Keeps Randomly Playing Trap & Rap songs.. Have Changed Passwords etc..

Plan

Premium

uk

Device

Macbook

My account seems to be strangly compromised, it keeps randomly playing various Trapp and Rap artists (when clicking through they seem very scammy ie albums with  30 tracks under 1 minute long!) https://open.spotify.com/artist/6zcfeMwPq5eSBGnFRPCyRL?si=wCJ4aO37SFq8efIzViGRaQ

https://open.spotify.com/artist/2zkKsOwRKAE3Ht7bv6hOIO?si=bTmCN04vSwS6m9PVj1OKpg

The links are the two artists that keep playing.

I have obviously logged out of all devices, changed password, several times, and changed password on my linked email account yet it is STILL happening.

This seems to be a ongoing issue after trawling google etc, it is also a serious security flaw that someone is able to play music on your account after changing passwords etc etc.

Any one able to help?

16 Replies

The same here.
The strange thing is that is the same artist and same songs....
I Changed my password 2/3 times and disconnected all of my devices.
There is a way o solve it?

Hey man!

This problem is basically some hackers who get paid to fake streams from real users with mallware!

I suggest you to use a virus scanner and scan your device on mallware

Avast , Mallwarebytes ect

If it is still happening i will suggest you to contact the spotify support!

I hope this helps 

Regards

Diora

https://open.spotify.com/album/2gqlshvQOpm5fSeXay83fY?si=KyKVjDYVRlGgrTdPB7cDHg

checked my phone with avast.
Nothing on it (it's a new phone, it's only 2 months old)
where i can cotact the support directly?

Strange!

You can contact the support through this link: https://support.spotify.com/us/contact-spotify-support/

Goodluck!

I have the same issue

is it the same artists that ive been having the issue with?

yes...
[image: image.png]

just seached for this artist ThisisYT on twitter and a bunch of people tweeting they have the same thing, his music is randomly playing on their accounts... this is a major security **bleep** up by spotify!!!

Getting the same problem

same issue, I can't skip random trap song (I was never listen this track) - now it appers all the time.

Hey there folks,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

If you're seeing unexpected activity on your account, we'd recommend making sure to follow all the steps listed in this support site article, including reaching out to us. This way, a member of our support teams can take a look behind the scenes for you. 

We'd also suggest removing access from any third party apps that you don't recognize here. There's more information about what third party apps are and how you can remove them in this support site article.

Further, rest assured that we take the artificial manipulation of streaming activity on our service extremely seriously. You can read more information about this here.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Done all the above, changed passwords on all accounts, scanned for malware etc etc..

This guy has racked up over 25000 plays since yesterday using this exploit...his play count was on <1000 yesterday... and the two songs that keep auto playing are the ones with all the plays...strange that!

I have been in touch with a few tech news outlets who are really interested in this, its obviously an exploit that Spotify is unable to close or find so they are going to be reporting on it in the next few days (arstechnica, bloomberg etc)

https://open.spotify.com/artist/6zcfeMwPq5eSBGnFRPCyRL?si=uGepVfOfSXaAAM_YgNw6gA

same problem here also if i pause the player it will randomly start playing again 

Same problem here. I don't think this is a malware issue or a matter of people using others' accounts.

After 3 days without a problem, this morning happen again. Different artist this time (I didn't have the possibility to screenshot it)...

Hey again folks,

Thanks for keeping in touch!

If you're still having troubles after trying the steps mentioned previously, we'd also recommend making sure to remove any devices you see listed here and then logging out and back in the app on your devices. 

If that doesn't help, we'd highly suggest to make sure you follow all the steps listed in this support site article, including reaching out to us so that a member of our support teams can take a closer look backstage for you.

You can also find more information on protecting your Spotify account in this support site article.

If there's anything else you'd like help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout. We'll do our best to lend a hand 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts