Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Kill my account and all Facebook association?

Kill my account and all Facebook association?

I try to create an account, but it says my email address is already in use.

If I 'forgot my password', it tells me my account is married to Facebook.

I intend to become a paying user, but I will not pay money while my account has ANY connection to facebook.

I can't find any way to obliterate my account so that I can create a new one, and I also can't find any way to un-bind my account from Facebook.

Also, my username is '1161991616', which is not an acceptable username... how can I change that?

I don't get this marriage to Facebook. It makes me very reluctant to hand over money... 😕

8 Replies

Nobody can help?

I can't work out how I can create myself a new account without changing email addresses... that's a massive commitment!

If you go on Facebook to settings and then apps, you can remove Spotify from your Facebook account.

Will that destroy my account, and let me create a new one?

The problem is that I can't create a new account because it complains my email address is already in use.

I removed Spotify from Facebook, but I can't login, it tries to insist I connect it back to Facebook again.

I tried to change my password, and it says:

"It looks like you are using your Facebook credentials to log in to Spotify. To change your Facebook password go to your settings"

I'm getting pretty close to subscribing to a competing service!

I've searched the FAQ thoroughly for any instructions on how to delete accounts.

This is ridiculous! I can't believe the FAQ contains no questions about how to delete accounts...

Is Spotify an evil company? Do I submit rights to all my data associated with my account to Spotify indefinitely? Do I actually have a right to destroy my account at my discretion?

I posted in the wrong forum, this should be here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Kill-my-account-and-all-Facebook-associa...

I can't find any way to destroy my account, and I can't believe there is nothing at all in the FAQ.

I'm seriously starting to worry about my rights in relation to Spotify.

Spotify has seemed to have married me to Facebook, and I'm NOT okay with that!

@TurkeyMan 

If you contact support, they can delete your account.

To delete your account or have them look into removing Facebook from your account, you need to contact support here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/'

there should be dropdowns related to your situation 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Exactly same problem. Facebook is an intrusive, pernicious virus! I can't even use my own gmail because Facebook says so?!?! How as FB able to abscond with my email identity?

Suggested posts