Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LOGIN FAIL

Solved!

LOGIN FAIL

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

(iPhone 8,Macbook Pro late 2012

Operating System

(iOS 12 OS YOSEMITE

My Question or Issue

I have been automatically logged out of my Premium Account on my phone and laptops. The error message is 'The username or Password is incorrect. Error Code 3' The username is staggerlee46. If I login via Facebook this takes me to a seperate  Free Account with no playlists etc. I've tried a password reset - this has just reset the login details for a Free Account and not my Premium account which has 5 years worth of playlsits which I really dont want to lose access to. Any ideas how to access my Premium account, given that a password reset won't work? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Issue now resolved. If anyone has a similar issue, my premium account was linked to an archived email account. They had to re-link to an alternative email account which wasnt being used by an existing Spotify account 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey there @staggerlee46,

thanks for posting !

It sounds like you might have more than one account and you're tyring to reset the password of the wrong one.

Please as a first step, use this help page to locate all account listed with your details.

Let me know what you find 😃

No joy I'm afraid.  

From your link provided:

Step 1- I've entered a couple of email addresses which I don't use and none were accepted. Also checked all spam inboxes.
Step 2- Check Facebook 

This I now will lead to me the Free Account only. 

Step 3- Check info on Device. 

No record under Finder/Application Support of Spotify being listed.

I can acces the Free Account fine, I can reset the password via an email link, and get into it via Fecebook. 

The problem is I can't source the related email address to the my Premium Account.

On the Mac App, I can click on 'Reset Password' and enter my 'staggerlee46' username (ie the Premium account I can no longer access) and request a passsword reset  link to be emailed to me based on this userame. However I do not receive a Password reset link in my usual email. 

Can you tell me if  the same email address be linked to both my Free and Premium Accounts (ie two seperate accounts)? I'm thinking if I know the free account is linked to my usual email, then must the Premium account be linked to a totally different email address?

I'm at a complete loss now. Could it be that the Premium account is linked to an email that no longer exists? 

Is there anythig else I can try? I'm trying to avoid cancelling my Premium account and re-joining as I will lose years worth of playlists.

Marked as solution

Issue now resolved. If anyone has a similar issue, my premium account was linked to an archived email account. They had to re-link to an alternative email account which wasnt being used by an existing Spotify account 

Suggested posts