Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LOST MY LIBRARY after re-downloading the app because downloaded songs weren't playing offline

LOST MY LIBRARY after re-downloading the app because downloaded songs weren't playing offline

spotify premium, USA

iphone 8, iOS 12.3.1

I have songs and albums that have been downloaded on my iphone 6 for ages that always worked  when I put my phone on airplane mode or turned my spotify to offline mode. But now after the 2019 update only about 5% of them actually play when i'm offline. the green icon is still there though. must be a glitch the app is not working as intended. 

to make things worse, I just deleted the app and re-downloaeded it from the app store and now all of my music is gone. none of my saved albums are there. probably because I didn't "like" the album because that was unneeded in the last version of the app. If I downloaded the album it would be in my library. Now I've lost hundreds of albums and I don't really have a reason to pay spotify every month anymore just to waste my precious time re-creating that music library. How can I retroactively see and revive that old library? can I get my laptop's spotify (which seems to still have all my music) to sync onto my iPhone? please help this is extremely frustrating

tl;dr **bleep** this new update I can't play my music offline and now I have no music at all. 😠  

1 Reply

If your songs were in playlists, there’s a way to recover those. On a computer, you can go to the Spotify website, log in, and when you scroll down there should be an icon that says “recover playlists.”

image.jpg

Suggested posts