Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Language setup not well thought out

Language setup not well thought out

Hello

My wife invited me to free premium but I have a problem using the web site:  I was born and raised in the USA but now live in Switzerland.  I need my account to be in Switzerland since I am in the family account but the only languages offered in Switzerland are German and French.

Can the spotify team please consider that the land you live in does not guarantee  what language a person will want their account in?  Country and language should always be seperate.

Thanks

3 Replies

Hey @Ezmodius, help's here. 

We understand what you mean, and there are some things you can do to be able to read the info provided by us.

If you're using the Spotify app on a desktop, there's a possibility to change the language from the app's settings. If it's a handheld device, the app's language may be corresponding to the language settings on the device, so make sure to check that out.

On the account page or any of Spotify's sites, you can simply scroll down all the way, and to the bottom-right you'll find language settings. In your case you might see the Swiss flag, so press it and you'll find more options. 

If there's something specific that's in another language, let us know and we'll try to help out. 

Keep us posted 🙂

Thanks for the response. The language selector at the bottom right doesn’t help because it’s a country selector. To get English I have to pick an English speaking country but then I can’t join my wife’s family account because that is based on Switzerland where we live. 

Hey @Ezmodius.

Thanks for your feedback.

You shouldn't have any trouble joining your wife's Family plan if your language is set to English (for example UK or USA). If you are having trouble, could you send us a screenshot showing us what you're seeing on your end?

If you would like the language of the website to be based purely on the language as opposed to the country in which it is spoken, we recommend you create an idea in the Ideas Exchange here and get others to vote for it. If the idea is popular enough among other users, then Spotify might consider implementing it in the future.

Hope that helps! Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Suggested posts