Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Laptop stolen, looking for information to provide to police regarding IP tracking through Spotify.

Laptop stolen, looking for information to provide to police regarding IP tracking through Spotify.

Hi,

My laptop was stolen on December 29th, 2013 and I'm hoping Spotify can help.  My account was set to log in automatically when booting up, and I assume that Spotify maintains IP logs.  Due to privacy laws, I know they cannot release the data to me, but I would like to know contact info and specific request language so that the detective can contact Spotify easily and request this information.

6 Replies

Hey there, this contact form is okay for this. English is probably the best language for this kind of thing too.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thanks Adam,

Sorry, by language I was meaning specific terms or phrases that would help the police make the request.

EX:  "I would like to request information regarding the IP data for the Spotify account "johndoe".  I am a police officer with the ______ Police Department and my badge number is XXXXXX".

I just wasn't sure what they would need to hear.

I would just in touch with a general email, the customer service guys will then reply and let you know the details they need.

If this in the UK (where I am) it wouldn't surprise me if they ask the police to get in touch via good old fashioned letter.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, I'll forward that info to the detective.

I think as long as it's from an officially-recognised police email address - rather than PoliceChief666@hotmail.com, say - that'd be fine. Those kinds of cases get passed to senior support staff in any case.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Thanks Adam!

Suggested posts