Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last.fm no longer scrobbling Spotify since yesterday

Last.fm no longer scrobbling Spotify since yesterday

Last.fm is no longer scrobbling Spotify activity since yesterday. I already tried to disconnect and connect again Spotify on Last.fm but looks like that Spotify is no longer compatible with Last.fm. Is this a temporary technical problem or permanent?

Plan

Premium

Device

All

Operating System

All

4 Replies

Same here, my last scrobble from Spotify was registered in Last.fm at 28 Jan 8:50pm EET. This has happened many times during the last year, too many times... I also really hope the scrobbles are cached somewhere and not lost, like has luckily been the case most times this has happened. 

Hey @Paulgi and @meikaelaeinen,  

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

We just performed some tests on our side and it seems that Spotify still scrobbles to Last.fm as expected. 

In such a case we first recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your device. This will get your app updated to the latest version and force a sync of info between your device and our account system. 

Once you've done the clean reinstall, open a private/incognito window, go to Last.fm and log in to your account. While still in the private session, disconnect your Spotify and Last.fm accounts from each other and then reconnect them again. Let us know if this makes any difference. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

I've done all that, I also try to reconnect Spotify on last.fm applications, it worked a few times, but then it stopped again on 28 February and never worked again.

It's not as simple as you think. Last.fm was scrobbling from all my android devices, all computers, and it was even scrobbling from my assistant, now it doesn't work with any device, any system, nothing.

Hey @Paulgi,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Try removing the access of Last.fm from your Spotify account by following these steps. Then, try also reinstalling the Last.fm app and link it to your Spotify account again. Is there any difference?

If possible, could you try and check with a different account, like a friend's or family member's, to see if this behavior persists?

Keep us in the loop.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts