Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Last payment failed

Last payment failed

I Was just wondering why, after 27 months of using Pay Pal with a bank account connected to it to pay for Spotify, I now receive emails telling me my payment has failed because there is no credit card connected. There has never been a CC connected to my Pay Pal, ever, and it has worked fine. Is this a new rule that was recently added?

Willem

4 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

Spotify has always had the requirements of having a credit card attached to PayPal, but it would appear some people where able to get it to work without one for whatever reason! You might still be able to buy premium eCards to redeem against your account if you are unable to resubscribe to the rolling payment. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thats pretty weird, but OK, lets assume that is the problem. This raises more questions:

1. Why do you care in what way I pay through Pay Pal? As long as PP verifies my information, isn't a bank account just as safe as a CC? I don't understand why you would have this limitation, as it doesn't really give any benefits.

2. Why did my Spotify stop working now 😜 It worked fine for a long time, what triggered it to not work anymore.

I would suggest you get in touch with the payments team directly using the online contact form as they might be able to give you a little more detail about your payments.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

I have never really understood the credit card requirement myself, but Spotify does use credit card details to verify your location so maybe you need it for that (although PayPal verify your address anyway!)

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Meh, ive mailed them couple of times but all the they tell me is that they really need a CC, and that it's Spotify policy. Thanks for your help anyway!

Suggested posts