Premium

Country

Australia

Device

iPhone 6

Operating System

iOS 12.01

My Question or Issue

Found a whole thread with over 500 accounts that have leaked Spotify accounts and their respected passwords. INCLUDING MY OWN ACCOUNT WHICH I HAD TO GO AND RESET PASSWORDS TO ALL ACCOUNTS LINKING TO MY PERSONAL EMAIL. I am really luck I run 2 factor aunthentication on other websites because that could have leaked all of my personal info.  Yeah somehow my Spotify info got leaked and people connected that to my email. Really disappointed with the security of this service. Can’t even directly contact Spotify to send them the link nor will I post it onto this thread for everybody to see. Can we get some attention to this post so a moderator or support so I can give them the link to the thread of leaked accounts. Only reason I still use Spotify after this bull is because no other service provides this much music for a reasonable amount for premium. Fix this. 

4 Replies

Hey @StoneColdGambit,

Sorry to hear about that, If you feel someone stil might have access to your account I strongly suggest checking out this Spotify Answer for the next steps to take. 

Hace a great day,

-Jack

Hey @StoneColdGambit.

Thanks for reporting this to us - we really appreciate it.

Do you mind sending me a PM with the link to the thread? Once we have that we can look into it further.

Rest assured that security is something we take seriously, and that we will make sure this is investigated properly.

Thanks again!

Thanks for your response.
The link was on paste in at the link
... has to remove beacuase wasn’t pm
And I browsed to the bottom and I think the actual number of leaked
accounts is at just under 4000. Hopefully something can be done about this.
I just think that if I’m paying for premium that security would be good
enough to at least not leave all my online accounts at risk. Though I do
realise that I shouldn’t have the same password for multiple online
accounts under my name.

Hey @StoneColdGambit.

Thanks for providing us with that info.

We've passed it on to the right folks, who will now look into it.

In the meantime, make sure to follow the steps that @Jᴀᴄᴋ provided to make sure your account has been secured.

Thanks! Take care 🙂

Suggested posts