Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Leave Spotify Family Subscription

Leave Spotify Family Subscription

1. None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 6S and iPad Pro

Operating System

iOS 11

My Question or Issue

I had a free Spotify account, and linked it up with a Family Premium Plan. I want to unlink my account. How do I unlink it, and will I still have access to the same playlists & stations that I have now? I know they will not be unlimited and ad-free anymore, I just want to make sure I don’t lose all the playlists I have made while on the Premium account. Thank you.

5 Replies

Hey @FlameMaven,

Welcome to the community!

Don't worry, you'll keep all your playlists, stations, and music saved to Your Library after leaving the Premium for Family. However, you will lose access to Premium features.

If you're a member of a Premium for Family plan and want to leave, you need to ask the plan owner to remove you.

Note: You can only switch from one Premium for Family plan to another once every 12 months. If you hit this yearly limit, you're not able to switch to another Premium for Family plan at this time.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Noah, 

Thanks for the information. This person and I are no longer family, which is why I need to get out of the Family Premium account. There is no way for me to get out without asking them? And I don’t need to do anything at all to retain my playlists - just ask them to remove me and wait for them to do it? Thanks again.

Hey @FlameMaven,

If you would prefer not to contact the owner of the Premium for Family plan, I'd recommend getting in touch with the Spotify support team using the online contact form or Spotify's social media help sites: @SpotifyCares on Twitter and Spotify Cares on Facebook. 

You won't need to do anything to retain your playlists. Once your account reverts to the free ad-based service, you'll still have access to all of your playlists, stations, and music saved to Your Library.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Sorry for jumping in on this topic. But I am facing a similar issue..

How does every 12 months work for changing from one Premium Family to another? Does the 12 months start when one account first registered under the initial Premium Family plan? or does it start when we leave the Premium Family plan?

Cheers!

Hey @xplorick,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind going here and creating another thread so we have the right space to address your questions? 🙂 

We'll be looking forward to your update and we'll be there to help with anything else too!

Mario Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts