Let me change god damn username im getting spammed!

Let me change god damn username im getting spammed!

nihilisten
Regular

I have a very generic username on my account i get 5-10 DAILY **bleep**ING reset requests to reset my password its annoying and at first i thought it was based on that hackers had my email adress and tried to get me to reset this way but it seems they are spamming my username instead, either let me change the username or disable the ability to request password on my username its freakin crazy.

And no its not the username i put into the community profile because here i can change the username....

2 Replies

Jeremy

Hi @nihilisten.

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. However, your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it’s not possible to change it.

A workaround could be that you create a new account and then follow the steps that's provided in this article.

We understand that things can feel frustrating when things don't work as you'd like them to. Rest assured that we're always trying to improve as we always strive to improve our features.

We hope for your understanding and that you continue using Spotify and find it gets better in the future.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else. 

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

wcndave
Casual Listener

That's ridiculous answer.  Normally a database will user an incremented ID, or special string to identify a user record in the database, and then the username/email/password can all be changed.  We've been building applications that way for 25 years now, what's the problem here?

SUGGESTED POSTS