Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Letting family members in the family plan

Letting family members in the family plan

Hi, 

I had been wanting to put my dad on the family plan, since ive always seen him using YouTube as a source of listening to music, I decided i wanted him to try the privileges spotify has got to offer.

unfortunately, during the sign up and family refers, there were a LOT of troublesome head-scratching moments for me. First of all, im a university student who has half of the year overseass and half the year home. I signed up on behalf of my university country since my brothers and sister live in the same country as me too (Malaysia). My dad unfortunately cant even use the family plan that i have created for us family since he lives in my home country?? Like, SERIOUSLY. The way I have to deal with spotify is the same way i have to deal with my 6 yr old siblings.

Can anyone help me on how i could get my dad on the plan, just one person. nobody else. i had given him false hopes the past hour and i dont want to let him down. Or how do i set my dad's country to my country? because i found out, that to change to a specific country you need to be in that country first. So basically if i persuade my dad to fly to Malaysia for a second and get the configuration done, fly back here to my home country, everything's the same ... he would get the plan...? is there any way out please.

thanks in advance, i appreciate it. 

Adil

4 Replies

Hey @Adil3,

All members of a Premium for Family plan must reside at the same address and their country settings must match.

He, unfortunately, won't be able to join the plan until he has the same country setting like you do and resides with you at the same address.

Hope this helps!

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i am residing in two countries... dont spotify acknowledge people who live on multiple countries? i stay in my dad's house when i am on semester break. 5 months i am home, 7 months i am overseas. my dad does reside with me. i just had my spotify on the other country because when i signed up, i was on that country and i keep commuting between these two countries. what do you think i could have done?

@maxim

Hey @Adil3,

Thanks for letting me know.

When you're on semester break and are at the address where your dad lives, you can update your account's country setting by updating your payment method to a payment method that's been issued in that country.

After updating the payment method, the country setting will change at the next payment date and you'll be able to invite your Dad so he can join the plan. Please note that he can only be part of the plan while you stay there and not while you're away.

https://support.spotify.com/account_payment_help/account_basics/how-can-i-change-my-country-setting/

https://www.spotify.com/legal/family-plan/

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts