Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Library Limit

Library Limit

Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

Hi

I recently learnt about the increase in the number of songs that can be saved in the library, not sure how I missed that, however I still think a limit of any kind is short sighted on Spotify's behalf. Anyway, I just wanted to check that Local Files still don't count towards the limit, as was the case when I joined a few years ago. I'm fast approaching the limit and if the files I had originally, from Itunes, are being counted I will have to start looking for an alternatives, which will be a shame because I do value Spotify

3 Replies

Hi

There's no increase. What has changed is that you do not add songs to your library but you can like songs. So all your saved songs are converted to liked songs and they are added automatically to a favorites playlist. You can also like albums. What has changed, is that in the past, when you saved an album all the songs were saved also. Now only the album is saved.

I'm thinking about delete all my likes songs, I can then save 10.000 albums.

I'm not sure about local files. I they are part of the total when you like those local files or albums.

Regards,

René

Sorry, this answer has confused me even more. I can save albums to my library in the way that I always have, rarely, if ever, click "like" and I never save just an individual song, although I do add individual songs to playlists even if they're not saved to my library. My understanding was that the number of songs you can save has increased from 3,333 to 10,000. When I first joined Spotify, your Local Files didn't count towards the limit. I'd like to clarify whether this is still the case?

Hi,

I never work with local files, so I don't know if they count or not.

In your case if you only like albums, you can save or like 10.000 albums in your library.

Regards,

René

Suggested posts