Library Song Limit

1 person liked this

Re: Library Song Limit

janssenmichaeld
Casual Listener
Having multiple playlists means nothing. I want the ability to shuffle ALL
OF MY SONGS AT ONCE (like Apple Music does/can do).

enteq
Gig Goer

@janssenmichaeld wrote:
Having multiple playlists means nothing. I want the ability to shuffle ALL
OF MY SONGS AT ONCE (like Apple Music does/can do).

I'm sure you do - but you aren't the person who said they moved from mp3's to streaming so they could easily manage playlists.

janssenmichaeld
Casual Listener
Truuuuuue. Apologies. :)

Peter5nine
Casual Listener

If each playlist  could have 10,000 songs we wouldn't have this discussion. 

Peter5nine
Casual Listener

You can shuffle all songs in your library. 

2 people liked this

enteq
Gig Goer

@Peter5nine wrote:

If each playlist  could have 10,000 songs we wouldn't have this discussion. 

Wrong. Each playlist can have 10,000 songs, and we are still having this discussion. This has been discussed multiple times before in this thread.

The reason we are having this discussion is because:

1. In the "Songs" playlist you can view by album, artist or song. In other playlists you can only view by song. So people put all their music in the "Songs" playlist, so that they can swipe through album covers, or artist names. Then they hit the limit. They don't want to move their music into separate playlists because they would lose the ability to view their collection by album or artist.
  2. Some people want to shuffle across their entire collection, and you can't do that across playlists.

If neither of those things is important to you, then you can use multiple playlists - and then your Spotify collection is essentially unlimited in size (as far as we know).

1 person liked this

Peter5nine
Casual Listener

I routinely save albums and recently hit the limit. That's why I'm in this thread. From my almost 10,000 song library I can shuffle all songs. I don't really use playlists anymore. So my issue is with the 10,000 song limit in my library.

Highlighted
3 people liked this

Sagehorn
Music Fan

Just Stupid...

If they want me to clean my library, they could create a list like "songs you never listen to" or fix the problem with duplicates (often i have an identical track two times. if i delete one, both are gone...)

...but 10.000 is not enough space...

1 person liked this

sonoflife
Casual Listener

I agree completly with this. If you expect your paying customer base to add Spotify to their list of chores you can AT LEAST provide a list of albums/artists/songs that can be sorted by most played to least played. Instead we get to go through our entire music collection and do this manually one-by-one by hand?

te·di·ous /ˈtēdēəs/ adjective
too long, slow, or dull: tiresome or monotonous.
"a tedious journey"
synonyms: boring, dull, monotonous, repetitive,
          unrelieved, unvaried, uneventful

drunkenpumpkin
Casual Listener

Yep, being able to see what has been most played or recently played like iTunes could would be a great addition

I made most of playlists in iTunes by looking at what a) I listened to most, b) recent listens (for newer tracks/albums) and c) by star rating (if I had a new favourite song/artist/album that I had given specific 5 star ratings)

I got most of my exact playlists moved over to spotify with about an 80-90% success rate in terms of missing songs and YES managing spotify is much easier and quicker than iTunes (no need to constantly plug my device in and synce) but the trade off is not being able to accurately track plays, ratings etc.

SUGGESTED POSTS