Library Song Limit

8 people liked this

Re: Library Song Limit

fourfourfun

Just adding my weight to this. I have hit the 10,000 song limit.

It is incredibly easy to do so if you listen to a diverse array of artists and rely on your own motivation to discover music rather than curated playlists.

Each week I check the release radar, each week I add albums. I hit the limit when trying to add a 40 album DJ mix to my catalogue. In electronic music, there is a huuuuuuge wealth of releases and it is unrelenting. So it isn't too difficult to add items like this week on week.

The catalogue acts as memory, it organises. From these, you make your playlists from elements in your catalogue. Now I've hit my limit, I've pretty much stopped exploring new music as I have no way to catalogue it. I'm basically looking at alternative platforms now and have started a six month trial of Apple music, simply so I can continue having an experience with music.

4 people liked this

Darexas
Casual Listener

I can only lol at this. First I got dissapointed when I realized that the shuffle actualy didn't shuffle. A well known bug which, thank god, can be repaired by sorting songs by name. Well, that's a fail but I can live with that.

But now, I've been spending 3 hours by putting my music library saved in my PC into Spotify. Well, I can also live with the fact that lots of albums are not there. But how the f**k is that possible that I reached the limit when I was at letter P?! Poor Powerwolf :-( My Q - Z music doesn't deserve to be in my Spotify library? What should I do now? Some Sophies' choices to kick my less favourite albums?

No, I'm seriously **bleep** off. I could have saved 3 hours of my live and go sleep what should be probably more beneficial compared to putting 70 % of my library to Spotify.

Just checked my music folder in PC. It consists of 15 555 songs. Considering that approximately 20 % albums are not there, still 10k limit is not enough.

Since 2014 when first people started compaining, did you even improve your hardware and systems? How is that possible that during the four years, it's still impossible for you to cancel the **bleep** limit or at least double it or something like that. Why?!

3 people liked this

jrmhrp

The whole point of having a library on Spotify or other streaming service is to go beyond the inconvenience of the physical format. It's a great tool to discover...what am i supposed to do now ? Delete some little gems you found along the way because someone at spotify decided 10000 was the limit ? The 1% that probably use Spotify the most intensively, helping these little algorythms get that ? Really ? I'll check other services to see if there is this kind of limitation, if not I will migrate and will try to convince as many music lovers as i can to do the same.

2 people liked this

Twobagtaylor
Regular
I’ve gone tidal and just cancelled Spotify yesterday, migrated all the playlists I had using soundizz. Three years of tumbleweeds on this issue from Spotify is bye bye. Tidal now has a family plan too and higher quality streams.
2 people liked this

inscient

Agreed, a frustrating obstacle, needless from my point of view. 

Could it be tied to their licensing deals?

Apple Music has 10x that. Most likely my next destination. I made it work without smart playlists and subpar iOS integration (this one is on Apple), but this won’t do for me. 

1 person liked this

dch
Casual Listener

I agree, Apple Music increased its limit to 100,000 in 2015. It's laughable that spotify hasn't done so four years later. You said it best: Unlimited means unlimited.

Spotify get**bleep** together an remove this ridiculously low limit.

2 people liked this

LysdexicDan

Now I have to have a million scattered playlists, thanks a lot Spotify! Or should I shout out to the lazy developers that dont want to re-code the software? Or maybe its the head honcho's in charge that are too cheap and dont want to "fix what ain't broke" because they honestly don't care about their customers.

1 person liked this

Xalius

I haven't used the library feature before, but this morning decided to add my physical CD collection to spotify, and hit that limit after 2h of working on that... this is ridiculous...

Hydrojlw
Casual Listener

Any update on this yet? It's been years now, and it's still clearly disappointing and annoying a lot of people.

This one thing ruined Spotify for me - it's made it a real hassle when I find a new song or album I like, as I know that I'll have to delete some of my library to make room for it... And I'll have to continue doing this each time I find something.

Surely by now this must be on the Spotify roadmap?!

lmwirshba

I’ll bet that if Daniel Ek, the CEO of Spotify, knew about this, he’d have the library raised to 50,000 overnight. 

SUGGESTED POSTS