Library Song Limit

Re: Library Song Limit

martinelisco
Casual Listener

The limit really needs to be increased. I can understand that there should be a limit on the number of songs that should be downloaded, however, I am referring to simply the ability to add songs/albums without downloading them.  I would like to be able to document the song/albums that I would like to return to, and the library is the only way to do it. This limitation really prevents users from exploring new music once their library is full. From a technical perspective, I cannot imagine there being any significant cost to spotify to change this. What is preventing this from a technical and/or business perspective?

kellychang17
Regular

I agree

AcidGreen
Regular
I can't seem to get logged in so I'm using this reply to make a statement.
however. You all need to give it up. Move on to Apple or Amazon.
Actually, I like Amazon. As for as this issue, they said in 2014 they were
looking at it. I suppose we know the outcome. I got off Spotify 2 years
ago. You all need to do the same. Please post this if you really want to
accomplish anything. Spotify is ignoring you. Just quit. If enough subs
drop it, they will increase it.

sonoflife
Regular

LOLOLOLOLOL it triggers when adding your local music collection?

Arbitrary hard-limit: confirmed

sonoflife
Regular

Is it too much of a stretch to classify this as low-key extortion?

tHIS_IS
Music Fan

I wish people would stop... 

There are so many options... use another service.  Spotify is far from the only game in town.  Talk with your wallet and they will eventually listen.  

But I will say from the time I first found this issue, until now, spotify has done nothing but grown as a service.  So there you go... this is not impacting them at the least.  

I went with Apple music and could not be happier.  Great service.  

sonoflife
Regular

Stop what? Bringing these issues up?

I respectfully disagree. I think the more noise and the bigger the paper trail of issues/complaints makes it so they aren't able to attempt to backtrack or double-down by saying no one ever brought it up or it was only brought up once or twice.

I have already subscribed to [ANOTHER WORD FOR A RAINFOREST LOCATED IN SOUTH AMERICA] Prime Music and have been testing it with the various options (ie: audio bitrates), flexibility (ie: alexa/sonos devices) as well as portbility (although it's a bloated **bleep**, Spotify does provide a native Electron client for Linux desktops).

tHIS_IS
Music Fan

No... stop being so freaking dramatic when there are other services out there.  LOL

I think people should bring it up... and often.  

At the end, I don't think it will matter though.  And that is unfortunate.  I've been following this for years now.  That is sad.  

bdlangton
Casual Listener

I posted a few weeks ago about discovering this limit with my trial of Spotify. I was disappointed, but really was ready to move to Spotify in my head, so thought maybe I could make it work (using playlists w/o adding to library, for example). Over my few weeks on a trial, I've realized it's not really workable without being a PITA. So I'll just stick with my current provider and cancel Spotify before being charged.

lmwirshba
Regular

@eldsjal With Amazon’s announcement yesterday, it’s now critical to raise the 10,000 songs limit in Your Library. The message boards are filled with posts from Spotify subscribers begging for this! I’ll bet Daniel Ek isn’t even aware this is such a huge issue.

SUGGESTED POSTS