Library Song Limit

Re: Library Song Limit

Alex180500
Regular

I think that instead of saving you should just put bookmarks on album or something similar, so you don't fill up "Your saved songs" and you can add all the albums you want.
Help me here upvoting this!
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/All-Platforms-Your-Music-Bookmarking-Albums-instea...

SentientNo4
Casual Listener

Reached this limit today, while manually migrating my Apple Music library. Needless to say, I never cancelled a subscription faster. Wish I knew about this limitation before wasting a day to manually migrate my library. A shame really, I liked Spotify better otherwise, but I cannot live with such a low and purposeless limitation.

fitsos
Casual Listener
I'd love to do the same but I already paid for a year subscription

The_Blank_

I've only started using Spotify about half a year ago, back in August 2017 and have just hit the cap on it; weirdly enough I've only "bookmarked" 8986 songs. That's not even close to 10000 and they've already blocked me off. What the **bleep** is going on???

rrrcrush

I just reached my song limit too and I am **bleep**. I don't want to unbookmark albums and curated playlists I've created because of this ridiculous limit. I think I'm going to have to switch to Apple Music because there is no song limit. 

SentientNo4
Casual Listener

You know, the most infuriating thing about this entire affair is that there's no heads up about this limit. There's no meter in your library, no warning or notice anywhere, it just hits you someday, out of nowhere, and prevents you from doing exactly what this entire service is supposed to be about: creating an awesome music library. It essentially **bleep**s on all the effort you've put into building your collection, and prevents you from building it further unless you destroy part of what you've already gathered with so much love and attention. Which sends a clear signal that this service is not made for you, the music lover who wants to build his perfect collection.

If I've known about this limitation beforehand I could have saved so much time wasted into creating the library, and even work around it by other means (curating my library using playlists for example, as inconvenient as that is). But no, it had to be an arbitrary, pointless, hidden limitation to take the fun out of the entire deal. Just like buying an awesome sports car, getting over excited by imagining all the potentially awesome experiences you can have with it, just to discover, during your first trip, that you can't go over an arbitrary and very low speed limit.

So Spotify, get this through your head: you're not building towards a great experience, you're building towards a **bleep**ing huge disappointment.

thisrycu

This is a deal breaker for me.  I've just hit my limit and even if I spent a day removing any songs I don’t want in my collection anymore I would probably only recover around 10% and in a year or so I will be in the same situation.

I'm in my mid thirties and not ready to stop adding to my music library.

I guess I'm going to have to take my library elsewhere as Spotify don’t appear to being doing anything about or have any intentions to fix it in the future.

LukeTheDuke
Regular

Same problem here. Started looking around for alternatives..  Spotify you suck

sdepaoli

As a long time Spotify power user, let me also chime in on this topic.  Both the 10,000 library limit and the 3,333 song download limit are ridiculous from the users perspective.  Many people want to recreate their CD libraries on a streaming service.  Over time that adds up to a ton of albums and songs.  The idea that it is acceptable to limit the number of songs that can essentially be bookmarked in the application is all about serving Spotify's licening needs and not their users need.  Many users may accept these arbitrary limits because they don't reach them regularly.  But as time goes on more people will. And the users who already have reached the limit may not leave Spotify immediately. But when there is a better option, look out.  And someday there will be.  Fix it now and respect your users.  I know of no other service with this limitation including your direct competitors.  

Use some of that IPO money :) 

arsenalista33

Nothing new to add to the discussion, besides the fact it happened to me yesterday. Needless to say - awful frustrating limitation. What's the rationale behind it? Infra cost? How many people reach such limit anyways?

SUGGESTED POSTS