Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Link Multiple Spotify Accounts

Link Multiple Spotify Accounts

Red:

I have a spotify free account that was trial with multiple playlists that I have worked on for two years.  

Now, I have a premium account with the same email address, with no playlists.  

How do I link these two accounts, a non-premium former trial account and a premium account?

Also, facebook links are overriding the former account to where I cannot retrieve any of the playlists.

Follow other users: Spotify is not showing any of the fellow Spotify users.

A possible override will be to follow a former trial account or free account with premium accounts or free accounts with free accounts, depending on trial or not.

Simply put: for noob users who do not export playlists, the final noob option will be to follow ones own former self regardless if one has the former password or not:

this simply means that you can follow yourself for the pure reason of following all your old playlists, depending on whether or not you have made them public or not!!

Bottom Line:

1.  follow spotify users is not working

2. spotify for ubuntu is not yet a store package for noob linux kernel users

3.  only the web player works

14 Replies

When you say you have two accounts with the same email addresses, that is only possible normally if you have one which is a Spotify username account (and you will have chosen the username when you registered that account) and another using your Facebook details (which use the same email address).

Have you tried logging out and back in again using both sets of details?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi David,

I've had a look on our system and can confirm that you have two accounts. Not to worry, I have now removed the empty account and it shall no longer cause any problems 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------

For Twitter support, find us at @SpotifyCares.

Follow me on Spotify.

Jamie,

I'm having the same issue (work laptop and home laptop were somehow using different usernames under the same email), and when I tried linking my home laptop to Facebook, it erased all of the playlists I had created on my work laptop. Can you help me out?

@Grizz2010 - Sounds like you did have two seperate accounts, and your playlists where on one created via Facebook which got lost in the merge. 

You will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they should be able to get those playlists copied over for you. 

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible.

Alternatively, if you prefer support via Twitter, please tweet @SpotifyCares.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thanks, Peter. I did receive an auto-reply, so I'll circle back with them and hopefully get a resolution.

I believe my spotify account is linked to both my work facebook profile and my personal one - i need to completely remove the work profile account but have had no joy despite following all instructions - my username is my work one - is it possible to change this? i just would like 1 account linked to my facebook and that alone -HELP!! 

@user-removed 

Read this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Deleting-your-account/td-p/173950

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Jamie, I'm having a similar problem David did. Could you do the same for me please? My old profile: 1291627425 is the one I would like to keep, and the newer one: 12186637838 is the one I want to remove. Please and thank you.

@Raeeka

Read this post for instructions on how to delete your account

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Accounts-and-Subscriptions/Deleting-your-account/td-p/173950

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

How can I be sure that this will delete my newer account and give me back access into my older account? They are both linked to the same facebook.

Hi,

Is there a way to use the same account on 2 devices at once (like on Netflix),

Rather than my partner and I having to pay for two accounts?

Thank you.

Hi,

I have just bought a Muzo Cobblestone workalike and signed up to Spotify Premium. It works fine on one of my Android devices but when trying to installl on the other it is telling me that a free Spotify account will not work.

Reading some of the posts here it looks like I might have two accounts.

The first free one is very old and no doubt systems have changed over the years.

Can someone please advise how these can be linked. Note that unlike some others playlists are not an issue for me.

Many thanks

John

(account:  john_duffy)

My free trial account and my premium account have the same email address and now my premium account won't match up to my Facebook as it's still on my free trial one 😞 can you delete the free trial one please? Xx

nice

Suggested posts