Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linked Facebook account but name is not updating

Linked Facebook account but name is not updating

I recently changed my name so I wanted to update it on my Spotify account. I quickly learned that you cannot do this. My account was created with my facebook account, but I created a new facebook account for my new name. I don't want to create a new spotify account because I don't want to lose the dozens of playlists I've made and follow, and the thousands of songs I have in my library.

I created a password for my spotify account and then unlinked my old facebook account from my spotify. I then linked my new facebook account to my old spotify account, but my old name and profile picture are still shown on my spotify app and desktop. Do I just need to wait for the change to come into effect? I would change my spotify email so that it matches my facebook email but I can't change that either...

Thanks!

7 Replies

Hi there @freshpolak,

thanks for posting !

Please visit your account overview page at Spotify.com.

The first action you are going to take is to click "Sign Out Everywhere" to make sure that when you log back in all your devices will be handling with the same account credentials.

In addition, under the same account overview, look for your "Privacy" tab and tap the "Process My Facebook Data" (if it's on, untap it and turn it back on) - this should "shake" things up.

Note: it might the 24-48hrs for changes to appear.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

I followed both of your steps just now but, upon trying to sign back in on my phone, when I tried to sign in with my new facebook account, it told me that there is no spotify account linked to this account, so I was forced to log in with my email again. Still going to give it the 48 hours you've suggested and will check back in if no changes

Hi @freshpolak,

thanks for the update.

That might mean you have more than one account created.

On top of all the suggestion, use this help page to locate all accounts listed with your details.

If it said the e-mail you're using ins't connected to a Facebook account it explains you're seeing your old account data.

Let me know what you find 🙂

Still having issues here. Every time I close my spotify app (ios) and then open it to check my social settings the option to connect to facebook is there again. On the facebook side, my account is showing that it is logged in through spotify. Still unable to log in to my spotify account using my facebook log in though. Is it possible the issue is because my spotify account and my facebook account are using two different emails?

Hi @freshpolak,

thanks for the update !

I want us to address what you wrote:

"...Is it possible the issue is because my spotify account and my facebook account are using two different emails?..."

A user can eaither have a Spotify account linked through FB or a Spotify account through e-mail (unless you created more than one account deliberately).

What you're describing means you have more the one account and you cannot sync two accounts to your FB details.

It would be great if you could use this help page to locate all accounts listed with your details and let me know what you find.

Waiting on your update 🙂

I only have one account. When I wanted to unlink my old facebook from my account, I read to first ensure you have a spotify password set up, so that you can log in with just your email and not with your facebook account. Now when I link my new facebook account, and then try to log in with it, when it tells me I don't have an account associated with this facebook account, I can either create a new one or log in with my email. When I log in with my email, my old name and profile picture is still reflected on my account. The attached images are when i try to log in immediately after linking my facebook to my account and then signing out.73145182_561230784619976_6856854733320093696_n.jpg74322114_393467004916134_7277168913035558912_n.jpg

73145182_561230784619976_6856854733320093696_n.jpg

Hey @freshpolak,

Sorry for the late reply! Were you able to resolve your issue in the meantime?

If not, then the best thing to do at this stage is to reach out to our Customer Support team here, who will be able to take a look at your account backstage and see what needs to be done.

Thanks! Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts