Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linked to unknown FB account

Linked to unknown FB account

Hello All,

Recently i noticed that my spotify account is linked to a facebook account which belongs to someone else.  I donot have a facebook account and i didn't make any attempts link to any account.  The 'other' person's name and display pic started to appear in my spotify mobile, web and desktop applications.  I can't believe this  sort of lapse in security, and this is shocking.  Any way, i have unlinked the facebook account from settings, logged out of all sessions, reinstalled mobile, desktop applications and it is been since 3-4 days.  I read elsewhere that the cache might take a few days to catch up, and i think 3-4 days is sufficient to catch up.  But to my disappointment, in my app 'Home' - i still get recommendations made dearly for 'me' - except it says made for 'xxxx' - the very account i tried to unlink.

Can someone please explain, how could this happen?  I am paying a premium,  and i do not want to be welcomed each time with songs made for someone else. Not to mention the trouble i had to go through deleting songs and playlists saved by the other user.

Appreciate all your help, hope someone will be able to guide me in the right direction.

And for any spotify team members reading this, i urge these sort of issues be taken seriously.

Thanks,

Martin

4 Replies

Hey @parablespace.

We're sorry to hear this. Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community.

Please check out the FAQ page here, for the next steps we'd recommend taking.
The right team will help out shortly, don't worry.

Thanks,

/M

Hi Melody, thanks for your prompt response. 

I have changed my password for both Spotify and the email connected to Spotify.  I don't use facebook.  I have logged out of all sessions. I have completed all these steps a few days back, i haven't noticed any unusual activities since (based on recent songs played, playlists, songs saved etc.).  So i am relieved that no one else currently has access to my user account. 

But the problem which persists, is the other person's name displayed on several places inside the app - which kinda ruins my enjoyment factor.  Also concerned, how something like this could happen? I never received any email or notification from spotify suspecting unusal activity - (like login from a different part of world etc) either.

Thanks again, looking forward to a solution.

Martin

Hey @parablespace.

We understand, thanks for confirming this information!
In this case, we'd recommend reaching out to Support if possible. 

Rest assured you can do this one of the below ways:

Email: https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SpotifyCares

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SpotifyCares

They can take a closer look backstage, and continue helping.

Many thanks,

/M

Thanks. 

It has reslved now automatically.  It shows my username in all placeholders, so i am feeling happy.  May be the cache took too long to clear, or whatever... 

Thanks again, for your assistance. You've been very helpful.

Cheers.

Suggested posts