Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linking new Facebook account to Spotify after previously unlinking

Solved!

Linking new Facebook account to Spotify after previously unlinking

Plan

Student Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 3XL, laptop

Operating System

Android 10, Linux, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am having issues linking a new Facebook account to my Spotify account. I previously had a Facebook account linked for a couple years, then unlinked and deleted the Facebook account. My Spotify name reverted to my username (a series of numbers) and I currently log in with my email address.

This email address is the same address that I use for a new Facebook account I created in 2019. However, the option to link to Facebook does not appear on Spotify for my Linux laptop or on the online account settings at https://www.spotify.com/in/account/overview/. "Connect to Facebook" does appear on my phone's Spotify app, but when I tap it, I log in to Facebook and nothing changes. If I restart the app, the "Connect to Facebook" button reappears.

What can I do to fix this?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @licebit 

Sorry for the delay... Previously I've sent you misinformation when I told you that it would be possible to reconnect your Spotify to another Facebook account. However, as our mod @Petya has already said before, you won't be able to connect your account with another Facebook account. That's because you created your Spotify account with your FB credentials, so even after deleting your Facebook, your Spotify won't accept another connection. In this case, the only option available is to create a new account. 

If you want to follow this recommendation, let me know and I can help you to migrate all your songs to the new account.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help! And sorry for the misinformation...

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Hey, @licebit 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

Please, first of all check the connected apps settings on your Facebook account and check if Spotify is listed on apps that have access to your FB information. If Spotify is listed there, try to break the connection between both and try again to reconnect Spotify to your Facebook profile. Keep me posted!

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

My old Facebook account has been deleted, and was unlinked. My current
Facebook account has never been linked, so it doesn't show any Spotify
connection.

Alright...

Is there the possibility to use another desktop device to try to link your Spotify to your Facebook profile, following these steps?

Keep me posted!

Best Regards,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

The mobile app and the desktop program are having a bit of a disconnect when it comes to telling me if Facebook is linked or not. But, I have confirmed on my Facebook account that it is linked! Thank you for that.

My last issue is that my Spotify still shows a series of 10 numbers as my username rather than my real name on my linked Facebook account. And less importantly, it did not import my profile picture. Any thoughts on this?

Hi @licebit,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! 

Just FYI: If you have a Facebook-created Spotify account and disconnect Facebook, you can only link the Spotify account to the Facebook profile it was already connected to but not to a newly created one. 

In this case, if you wish to have your Spotify account linked to Facebook again, you should create a new Spotify account. Here's how to keep your saved music. 

Hope that helps 🙂

PetyaModerator

Hey again, @licebit 

Sorry for the delay... Your displayed name will be changed soon and you can change your profile picture anytime using the desktop app following these steps here. 

Let me know if it has worked for you!

Best of all,

hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Sadly it has not changed yet.

Marked as solution

Hey, @licebit 

Sorry for the delay... Previously I've sent you misinformation when I told you that it would be possible to reconnect your Spotify to another Facebook account. However, as our mod @Petya has already said before, you won't be able to connect your account with another Facebook account. That's because you created your Spotify account with your FB credentials, so even after deleting your Facebook, your Spotify won't accept another connection. In this case, the only option available is to create a new account. 

If you want to follow this recommendation, let me know and I can help you to migrate all your songs to the new account.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help! And sorry for the misinformation...

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star

Suggested posts