Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Linking to facebook & unable to find friends

Solved!

Linking to facebook & unable to find friends

Hello,

years back I had a facebook account with the same email I have today.  I think I already linked my spotify to facebook back then, and I'm trying to do it again, but my username stays a number and not my facebook account, and as a a sideeffect, I

cannot find friends on facebook.

I have verified and the spotify app is in my facebook allowed apps; in spotify the 'browse facebook' option is also enabled.

Some help please?  

Thanks

Danny

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

you mention that 'browse facebook' option is enabled. The option you need to look for is "Process my Facebook data" in the Privacy Settings on our website. Make sure first that you did in fact enable this.

It can take up to 48 hours before all changes take effect.

If it's still not working, you will need to create a new account using Facebook. Here's instructions on how to start over with a new account without losing saved music.

Regards,

René

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello,

thanks for the answer, but as said, I already checked those.  Facebook has permissions to Spotify and in Spotify, the right option is marked as well.

I also just get a 'number' as username in spotify, which, according to what I could find, also could be related to the issue

Marked as solution

Hi,

you mention that 'browse facebook' option is enabled. The option you need to look for is "Process my Facebook data" in the Privacy Settings on our website. Make sure first that you did in fact enable this.

It can take up to 48 hours before all changes take effect.

If it's still not working, you will need to create a new account using Facebook. Here's instructions on how to start over with a new account without losing saved music.

Regards,

René

Suggested posts