Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files work on pc and mobile, are greyed out on mobile and dont autoplay on mobile

Local files work on pc and mobile, are greyed out on mobile and dont autoplay on mobile

Plan: Premium

I have been using local files on spotify for a couple months, but since a week all of my local files are greyed out on mobile (S9+), I can however listen to them when I click on them, but in autoplay mode or when clicking the next song button, it skips them.

Its very annoying because I cant listen to all of my songs. I have this problem on all of my local files, all of them worked before and I cant remember changing anything, except opening one of them on groove music on my pc.

I really hope someone can help me with this.

Btw on other mobile devices it works.

1 Reply

Hey there @Ayman5887

Thanks for reaching out to us about this - we'll be glad to help you out here.

We suggest you restart the mobile device on which you experience this issue. This basic step is very simple, but often overlooked.

It's also a good idea to change the source of the local files on your device. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files again. 

We also suggest you log in to your Spotify account on another device just to check if you observe the same. If it doesn't occur on a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your original device is up to speed with any software updates available.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Suggested posts