Premium family

Country

Australia

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I have just upgraded from premium to premium family and sent an invite to a family memeber, they set up an account from the same PC but the location is saying usa instead of Australia and therefore can't join my family plan. Trying to update the location via edit profile does not work.

4 Replies

Hey @beau4, and welcome to the community.

Hope you're doing great! 

Can you send me a screenshot of what you're seeing when they attempt to accept the invite? This will allow me to take a closer look.

Keep me posted 🙂 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey Billy-J

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have had the same problem with 2 family members now.

When accepting the invite the are taken to pic1, details are filled in the same as mine but they are denied due to being in another counrty (US) whiched can't be changed in edit profile.

This all being done from the same PC, checking the ip address in google confirms as being in Australia.

Thankyou

Pic1.PNG

If all other recomendations did not help, try to changing IP address to another country with a VPN temporary for sign up. I guess it might help.

Hey @beau4, and @LlukKas.

Can you ask the family members to log in on their account page on another device and in another network to change the country settings and match the owners? Make sure you follow these steps.

If the family members already have Premium with a payment method which is based in another country, they first need to cancel their subscriptions, wait until the account reverts to Free, and then accept the invitation.

I hope this helps! If you need help with anything else, just let me know 🙂  

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts