Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Locked account : email was baffling and flat out insulting.

Solved!

Locked account : email was baffling and flat out insulting.

I installed spotify ONCE on only ONE device about 10 days ago, just to see if I liked it.   I made a quick play list,  and didn't enjoy the interface much, but was pretty good. TODAY,  I receive the email below. I could understand that if I had it installed it on multiple platforms, or was even using the PAID version.... but this was the free version straight from the Google Play Store. NOTE.  It does not say "Unusual activity", such as logged in from another location, or any of that....  which would make sense if I was PAYING for the service or even using the free trial, which I was not. I was using the FREE version that plays ads. It jumps right to SUSPICIOUS activity,  basically accusing me of modifying or using an unauthorized one.  Remember.... I installed this once,  10 days ago,  tried it out for two days,  tried other music programs and forgot about it.  So I guess "not using our product" counts as modifiying/unauthorized? 

Here's the email. I had to type it out because the message body contained a number (i'm guessing their customer service number that was in their hyperlink? Honestly,  I don't even know if they have customer service because this was the only place I could find to post the problem.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear user:

We detected abnormal activiy on the app you are using so we have disabled it. Don't worry - your Spotify account is safe.

To access your Spotify account, SIMPLY UNINSTALL ANY UNAUTHORIZED OR MODIFIED VERSION  (emphasis mine) of Spotify and download and install the Spotify app from the official Google Play Store.(*exactly where I installed it from) If you need more help, please see our support article on Reinstalling Spotify.

If we detect repeated use of unauthorized apps in violations of our terms, we reserve all rights, including suspending or terminating your account.

Thank you for being a Spotify User.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this is your customer service,  then I'm glad I didn't waste anymore time on your product.  So, again Thank you very much for telling me how to uninstall / reinstall it because that is extremely difficult to do!   Oh wait.... push my "apps" button,  touch "spotify",  tap uninstall and BOOM problem fixed!   I don't even need to worry about reinstalling it without whatever modified or unauthorized versions that are out there that I didn't even know exist! 

Thank you so much for reminding me to uninstall your crappy program!

❤️ and XOXO,

A well known writer on an extremely popular site that is ranked in the top 100 websites on alexa.com.   AKA THE WRONG GUY TO INSULT LIKE THIS.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for giving that a try! We really do appreciate the feedback. In order to close your account, you'll need to follow these steps.

If you have any questions, we'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Support team via Twitter. They'll be able to check out your account backstage.

All the best,

Leo

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I already have removed the service after wasting just too much of my time trying to send the stupid image.  You all really need to work on your auto-responces and your templates because honestly,  I CAN code better customer service replies than this and I just design websites for friends, family, and to make a few dollars here and there.  Thank you for the apology. Plus, I had to edit this.... you offer me to answer a survey,  but again, bad programing.  "Did you try any other ways to reach us",  and was given "facebook / email / something else/ none"  IE no OPTION for "All of the above" .  Also,  not even a "would you like to provide more details (optional) with a text box so I can explain WHY I didn't get my answer I wanted,  and WHY I had to click none (because I tried all of them) etc.   Again thank you for your apology and response,  but I don't  trust your company at all if my account was installed straight from the google store,  was not modified, and was barely used but I was flagged and then threatened that if I DID IT AGAIN my service would be terminated or suspended. That is not very encouraging to customers who MIGHT be willing to pay for your service when, within 5 days of just testing it, It was suspended for no reason (at least no reason given other than saying I was using a hacked / modified version). Plus why should I HAVE TO find and ATTACH a screen shot of it, when it was an auto no-reply email that I typed out in full, that is OBVIOUSLY in your data banks since you SENT IT to MY email address.Caps for empasis, not anger.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey @RemovingSpotify, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Sorry to hear that you feel that way. Can you send us a screenshot of that email address? We'll like to take a closer look. 

We'll be waiting for your answer. 

ZullyB,

Thank you for your response. I may have responded a bit harshly but I was
furious and I apologize for that. Frankly, it was a flat out insulting
email to receive basically after installing your free software from the
google play store. You can even check the account and you will notice I
used it about 4-5 times in the first two days and didn't use it again. I
was trying quite a few music apps to see which I liked best since I just
set up an old tablet as my "firestick". The email quite honestly made me
completely not trust Spotify and made my decision easier to not choose
Spotify, or even subscribe and pay for it.(Note I AM NOT saying I am going
to hack or steal spotify.... I would not even know where to begin. THAT
is the main reason I am so upset. Read this email, and imagine you were
just testing Spotify for the first time...... how would YOU react?

Also, obviously I had to crop it because of privacy (sadly, no **bleep**
open,(just a little joke, I'm not a **bleep**, although my brash response might
have made it appear to be) but a lot of open tabs / emails / websites I
work with / for that frankly are none of Spotify's business).

Again Thank You, and I believe this email will help you understand why I
do not trust Spotify one bit considering the situation.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

We appreciate the feedback and will make sure your thoughts on the messaging reach the right folks. We weren't able to view the image you attached; if possible could you try sending it over again? 

Let us know know if there's anything we can do to help in the meantime 🙂

Wow.

Bro, I'm done. I don't know what the **bleep** is wrong with spotify's customer
service programming, but I've had 4 failed messages in a row now. So I'm
just over this. I know it is not your fault, I am not upset at you
because I've done customer service and it is hard, especially when comanies
rely way too much on auto-responses and whatever template you are forced to
just "fill in the blank monkey an hit send! we did the rest!". I typed out
the email i received in the first place because it kept failing to receive
any picture I attempted.

I have now wasted an hour and a half trying to just get a picture to you.
I AM DONE. Spotify's customer service setup (not reps) is bull**bleep**. I
could program a better automated system and I just design web pages for
fun, my friends , my family and occasionally for a little extra cash.

So, no pictures because your own company won't let me send one no matter
how I try. 4 failed messages in a row with absolutely no explaniation of
what happened except for "Go to Spotify, Click Account, Click Click Click
change and try again. Um, that's not the problem I am having........ I was
insulted by receiving that email and I typed it out in full. I guarantee
it is in your database because it was a no reply automated response (just
like the 4 I have received while trying to send you the stupid image.) So
seriously, the letter is typed there just as I received it and stop asking
for pictures because your service doesn't allow them to be sent.

Please, just remove my name and account from spotify. Send me an email
saying you have been removed from our system and will not be bothered by us
again. We're sorry and hope you will try us again when we figure out how
to program a simple but effective automated response system and a better
template for our employees to use, etc etc etc etc etc etc Thank you,
Goodbye.

Write it however you feel man, I don't care. I'm not upset at you. Your
company sucks and I feel bad for you because I am sure you get quite a few
complaints about their system.

Sincerely,
Kevin
Marked as solution

Thanks for giving that a try! We really do appreciate the feedback. In order to close your account, you'll need to follow these steps.

If you have any questions, we'd recommend getting in touch with our Customer Support team via Twitter. They'll be able to check out your account backstage.

All the best,

Leo

Marked as solution

I already have removed the service after wasting just too much of my time trying to send the stupid image.  You all really need to work on your auto-responces and your templates because honestly,  I CAN code better customer service replies than this and I just design websites for friends, family, and to make a few dollars here and there.  Thank you for the apology. Plus, I had to edit this.... you offer me to answer a survey,  but again, bad programing.  "Did you try any other ways to reach us",  and was given "facebook / email / something else/ none"  IE no OPTION for "All of the above" .  Also,  not even a "would you like to provide more details (optional) with a text box so I can explain WHY I didn't get my answer I wanted,  and WHY I had to click none (because I tried all of them) etc.   Again thank you for your apology and response,  but I don't  trust your company at all if my account was installed straight from the google store,  was not modified, and was barely used but I was flagged and then threatened that if I DID IT AGAIN my service would be terminated or suspended. That is not very encouraging to customers who MIGHT be willing to pay for your service when, within 5 days of just testing it, It was suspended for no reason (at least no reason given other than saying I was using a hacked / modified version). Plus why should I HAVE TO find and ATTACH a screen shot of it, when it was an auto no-reply email that I typed out in full, that is OBVIOUSLY in your data banks since you SENT IT to MY email address.Caps for empasis, not anger.

Suggested posts