Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Locked out of Spotify since i moved

Solved!

Locked out of Spotify since i moved

I moved abroad and now I'm locked out of Spotify. I can't even log in to upgrade to premium. Anyone have any ideas? I was premium sucscriber and forgot to update my new credit card, so my account went to the free account and exceeded the 14 days. Now I'm locked out and can't even upgrade. I don't want to lose my playlists .

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @YAsminchantelle, thanks for reaching out!

That sounds odd. For the upgrade to work in the new country, you'll need a payment method with a billing address in that country. So for example, if you moved to New Zealand, you'll need a New Zealand payment method. If you have that, and since you're currently on the free ad-based version of Spotify, you'll need to head in your profile page and change the country your account is set to. Note that if your account was created through Facebook, you'll need to edit your country from there.

You can follow this guide as well as the one @oscitare linked you to then.

If the issue persists and you can't change your country at all, you can get in touch with a member of the Spotify staff to take a look under the hood for you by tweeting them @SpotifyCares.

Let me know how this helped!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Welcome to the community, YAsminchantelle!

You'll have to change your country by following these steps, if it locks you out from changing that, try reconnecting from your original country and changing the setting.

Don't worry too much about your playlists, you will not lose them as long as they're not purposefully deleted.

If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to post them in the community! 🙂

Did my reply look like it was a solution to your problem? If so, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION so others can find this answer too!

Carter McCulloch: listening on Windows, iOS, PlayStation.
Tweet me @Skyllful.

Follow me

Thanks for your help!

Unfortunately I can't go back to the country, as I live in New Zealand now.

It won't even let me log in to update my country. Any other ideas? I've tried everything! 🙂

OH NO! Sorry, I really don't have any other solutions to this problem, it usually seems impossible to me. I'll pass this onto another community contributor to see if they can (possibly) shed some light on it.

Did my reply look like it was a solution to your problem? If so, please click ACCEPT AS SOLUTION so others can find this answer too!

Carter McCulloch: listening on Windows, iOS, PlayStation.
Tweet me @Skyllful.

Follow me
Marked as solution

Hey there @YAsminchantelle, thanks for reaching out!

That sounds odd. For the upgrade to work in the new country, you'll need a payment method with a billing address in that country. So for example, if you moved to New Zealand, you'll need a New Zealand payment method. If you have that, and since you're currently on the free ad-based version of Spotify, you'll need to head in your profile page and change the country your account is set to. Note that if your account was created through Facebook, you'll need to edit your country from there.

You can follow this guide as well as the one @oscitare linked you to then.

If the issue persists and you can't change your country at all, you can get in touch with a member of the Spotify staff to take a look under the hood for you by tweeting them @SpotifyCares.

Let me know how this helped!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Suggested posts