Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Locked out of account, and can't reset password

Locked out of account, and can't reset password

Hi. My name is Andrea, and my plan is free. I live in the US.

I've used Spotify for over 5 years and this has never happened to me before. I was completely locked out of my account that has years of music and previous payment plans on it (andreaespinoza05). I cannot access the account at all now, which is why I made a new account to write help for my original account. The account is extremely important to me, I have playlists with hundreds of songs and music that means a lot to me. I was on vacation and when I come back, my laptop has been logged out of my account, and so was my iPhone 7+. I can't even change my password because when I do, it says that it has sent an email link to the username's linked account but I receive no email at all. Somehow, it let me create a new account with my current email although I already have my old account (andreaespinoza05) under it. I really don't understand what happened and it's extremely upsetting. My account is clearly still up because I looked it up on this account and it still has all my old playlists but it's not the same. I just want to recover my account. I hope that somehow I can prove that the existing account is still me or merge the playlists and saved data to this new account, please!

1 Reply

Hey @user-removed, and welcome to the community!

For this particular case, I would encourage you to reach out to support through the anonymous contact form. So long as you are entirely logged out of Spotify.com (alternatively, you can access the form through an incognito window/private browsing) the form will allow you to use an email of your choosing for correspondence. Please ensure that this is an email that has not been compromised and that you still have access to it!

If you would prefer to not use the contact form, or require an alternative means of contact, you can always reach out to @SpotifyCares on twitter, or the Spotify Cares Facebook page.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts