Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Locked out of my Premium Account

Locked out of my Premium Account

Hello,

I was recently logged out of my iPhone Spotify Premium. I tried logging back in. My password did not work. It has happened before that I forgot it so I got to reset it. A link was sent to my Hotmail address asking me to set up my new password. The message, coming from a genuine Spotify email address, was in Portuguese, but I thought nothing of it at the time. A couple of days later I was logged out again.

When I reset my password it told me my Hotmail address was not linked to any Spotify account. I tried resetting the password using my Gmail address, Spotify found an account and I reset my password. But it is a previous, old account that tells me I am on free, not Premium, which I had before I subscribed to Premium.

I am paying through my mobile phone monthly payment, and have received a text confirming I had paid for the coming month. 

I feel my account has been hacked, my account email address changed, and someone is enjoying my Premium subscription instead of me. What do you think?

I am going to cancel my subscription but thought I'd try to resolve this another way if someone had an idea.

(I am not using and have never used Facebook to log in.)

Thank you

Clemence

1 Reply

Hi @Fraise_Tagada!

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. It sounds like someone else may have gained access to your Spotify accoount. I'd recommend checking out this Support article for the next steps to take.

Let me know how things go!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts